Visit the residences once owned by the Medici family. Removed from the bustle of busy Florence, these elegant country houses still attest to the beauty and comforts of villa life. Seeking to escape from the stress and strain of life in the city, the Medici princes fled to their luxurious country villas. Spend a memorable afternoon discovering Villa La Petraia and the Villa di Castello – just outside the Florence city gates!
- When: Wednesdays and Saturdays from April to October.
- Time: 2:00pm
- Duration: approx. 3.5 hours.
- Meeting Point: in front of the Hard Rock Cafe, via Brunelleschi 1, just off Piazza della Repubblica, 15 minutes before the start of the tour.
- Tour price includes: guided tour, advance booking fee, ticket, transport, and earphones for groups with more than 15 participants
IMPORTANT: Your booking will be confirmed as soon as the minimum number of 4 participants has been reached. You nevertheless need to have paid for the tour in order to hold your place. As soon as the tour has been confirmed, you will be sent a voucher, which you need to show at the meeting point. Should the tour not reach the minimum number of participants and therefore be canceled, you will receive a full reimbursement for this tour.
- All client cancellations must arrive up to 8 days before the date of the tour to be reimbursed free of charge.
- If you cancel 8 to 2 days before the date,10% of the fee will have to be paid.
- From two days prior to the course beginning, the payment of the entire amount will be due and no reimbursement will be granted.
- Clients arriving late will not be reimbursed for the missed tour, nor will a client be reimbursed who is separated from the group during the tour or who does not complete the tour.
- In case of cancellation of a tour by the tour operator for reasons of force majeure, clients will only be reimbursed for the amount paid for the tour. The tour operator is not responsible for any additional costs in connection with the reimbursement.
Save time ordering!
Add all the museum and excursion tickets you want into your basket, then fill in the form and send your request.
PLEASE NOTE: Immediately after submitting an order, you will receive an email with your order summary plus a second email confirming your successful payment. A confirmation email with links to the vouchers will be sent one business day after you place your order (Monday afternoon for orders submitted on Friday and during the weekend). Please make sure that your anti-spam filter does not block automatic emails from [email protected]
Visit the residences once owned by the Medici family. Removed from the bustle of busy Florence, these elegant country houses still attest to the beauty and comforts of villa life. Seeking to escape from the stress and strain of life in the city, the Medici princes fled to their luxurious country villas.
The Villa “La Petraia,” dwelling of grand duke Ferdinand I and later of his grandson prince Don Lorenzo de' Medici, still preserves the splendid gardens in the Italian style. The villa itself boasts a spectacular entrance court complete with glass ceiling, as well as highly elegant and richly furnished period interiors and a curious collection of parlor games.
The Villa di Castello is where Sandro Botticelli's masterful Birth of Venus and Primavera were originally at home. The villa and the gardens in particular offered Cosimo I relaxation far from his busy court in Florence. The design of the splendid gardens had a profound influence on the landscape architecture of the Italian Renaissance garden and later of the French formal gardens. Embellished with grottoes, fountains, and statues, Castello still preserves a spectacular group of citrus fruit trees collected by the Medici from the 16th century onwards.
Price per person: € 85.00