Based on Dan Brown's 2013 bestselling thriller INFERNO, this exciting tour will take you step-by-step through the adventures of Professor Robert Langdon in Florence, while at the same time giving you and experience of some of the most important places of the Renaissance city from the perspective of Dante's mysteries.
Your expert guide and historian Mario has thoroughly researched the sites used in the book to give you a full experience on par with Dan Brown's thrilling story. Florence's mysterious beauty will be complemented by Mario's great company. Your tour includes a costume and small guidebooks to accompany you through Robert Langdon's adventures.
The three hour tour includes visits to the Baptistery, the Duomo, and the Palazzo Vecchio. the visit of the Baptistery, the Duomo, and the Palazzo Vecchio.
Available Dates and Time:
March to October – every day at 9:00am
November to February – Mondays, Tuesdays, Thursdays, and Saturdays at 9:30am
Not available on December 25.
Duration: 3 hours.
- Group Size: 1 to 25 participants.
- Guaranteed departure, with no minimum of participants needed.
- English language only.
- Meeting Point: at the “Florencetown Tours” office, Via de' Lamberti, 1 (corner with Via Calzaiuoli) in Florence, 15 minutes before start.
- Please note that this tour is not suitable for people with impaired mobility.
- Big bags and bottles with liquids will not be allowed inside the museums.
- Attention: The Duomo and/or Baptistery may be closed on Sundays and on very few special dates. Participants of the tour will have the opportunity to visit during the 24h following your guided tour.
- Florence Duomo and Baptistery admission (“skip the line” formula)
- Palazzo Vecchio guided tour, with exclusive access to the Hall of Geographical Maps and Dante’s death mask
- Visit the locations of Dan Brown's novel and Tom Hanks' movie
- Espresso coffee or Gelato tasting
- Licensed English speaking guide
- Florence City GuideBook
- Earphones for bigger groups
- Included in the price is the opportunity to visit other locations of the Great Museum of Duomo Opera during the 48h following your guided tour
- There will be no penalty for cancellations of excursion bookings communicated in writing at least eight (8) days prior to the booked excursion date.
- For cancellations between eight and two days prior to the course, 10% of the fee will have to be paid; from two days prior to the course beginning, the payment of the entire amount will be due and no reimbursement will be granted.
- No reimbursement will be granted to any client who is not at the place of beginning at the time established; similarly, no reimbursement will be granted to clients who lose contact with the guide or who do not complete the excursion.
Save time ordering: Add all the service tickets you want into your basket, then fill in the form and send your request.
PLEASE NOTE: Immediately after submitting an order, you will receive an email with your order summary plus a second email confirming your successful payment. A confirmation email with links to the vouchers will be sent one business day after you place your order (Monday afternoon for orders submitted on Friday and during the weekend). Please make sure that your anti-spam filter does not block automatic emails from [email protected]
Your tour will include a visit to the Baptistery, the Paradise Gates, and the Duomo of Florence where you will gain knowledge of the symbols and codes as described in the book.
The highlight of your tour will be at Palazzo Vecchio, the town hall of Florence where faith and science join together in breathless revelations through the beautiful “Salone dei 500” and the secret passages of the Duke of Athens. In his INFERNO, Dan Brown describes the unique building as “a giant chess piece that has become an inimitable symbol of Florence.” At the Palazzo Vecchio, you will see the Hall of Geographical Maps, the Capriate, the balconies and Dante’s death Mask.
This is a great tour that will allow you to learn more about the art and rich history of Florence while meeting the protagonists of its past, such as Dante, Botticelli, Michelangelo, and Giorgio Vasari through the lens of mystery and symbology.
Also available the Full Day Option, which includes a visit of the secret passage of the Medici Family, the Vasari Corridor, as well as a detailed visit to the Uffizi Gallery, a highlight of the novel.
Price per person: € 69.00
Free for children under 5 years old (accompanied by at least 1 adult).