Explore the Tuscan countryside in a unique and delightful way: on horseback!
Enjoy the beauty and peace of the Chianti region where some of the world's most famous wines are produced. After the relaxing ride through the vineyards, olive groves, and medieval villages, we will take you to a countryside villa for a visit of the wine cellars and olive oil production. Your experience will be rounded of with a traditional Tuscan lunch and a sampling of the wine and olive oil!
This tour does not require horseback riding experience, as a lesson before the excursion is included.
Departure, Dates and Time:
- March, every day 9am
- April to October, every day at 9am and 3pm
- On November from Monday to Saturday at 9:30am
15 minutes earlier at the “Florencetown Tous” office, Via de' Lamberti, 1 (corner with Via Calzaiuoli) in Florence.
Duration: 6 hours approximately
- Small-group tour
- Transportation to/from countryside
- Orientation horse riding lesson
- 1-hour relaxing horse ride through the Chianti countryside
- Professional horse guide & tour leader
- Tuscan Meal
- Wine and olive oil tasting
- Guided Winery Tour
The horseback ride is easy and relaxed and does not require previous experience. Please do not expect to trot or canter.
Group Size: 8 people maximum
This tour takes place rain or shine. Please note that the weather in Florence might differ from the situation in the countryside.
SPECIAL REQUIREMENTS AND NOTES:
- Please note that this tour is not permitted for children under 14.
- Horses can bear up to 220 lbs (100 kg).
- Please let us know in advance any special need or impaired mobility of the clients and we will do our best to accommodate them.
- There will be no penalty for cancellations of excursion bookings communicated in writing to the organization at least eight (8) days prior to the booked excursion date.
- For cancellations between eight and two days prior to the excursion, 10% of the fare will have to be paid; from two days prior to the excursion departure, the payment of the entire amount will be due and no reimbursement will be granted.
- No reimbursement will be granted to any client who is not at the place of departure at the time established; similarly, no reimbursement will be granted to clients who lose contact with the guide or who do not complete the excursion.
Save time ordering: Add all the service tickets you want into your basket, then fill in the form and send your request.
PLEASE NOTE: Immediately after submitting an order, you will receive an email with your order summary plus a second email confirming your successful payment. A confirmation email with links to the vouchers will be sent one business day after you place your order (Monday afternoon for orders submitted on Friday and during the weekend). Please make sure that your anti-spam filter does not block automatic emails from [email protected]
Discover the beauty of the Tuscan countryside in a uniquely romantic and natural way - from the back of a horse!
We’ll take you into the Florentine Chianti region (about 25 minutes from Florence city), world-famous for its wines. After an introductory lesson, you will be able to enjoy an easy and relaxing ride through the Chianti vineyards, olive groves, past medieval villages.
Around midday, we will reach a picturesque countryside villa where you will have the opportunity to visit their cellars and learn all the secrets of processing Chianti wine and olive oil before enjoying a traditional Tuscan lunch (or dinner, depending on which departure is chosen).
Your tour experience will conclude with a scenic drive as we take you back to Florence in one of our comfortable minivans.
NO previous riding experience is required, and riding hats (helmets) will be provided.
The tour is not permitted for children under 14.
Difficulty: Easy ride.
Per person: € 110.00