Enjoy this unusual tour - follow your local guide on a trip through the centuries of history, art, political conflicts, love affairs, and intrigues of the family that dominated the city of Florence as undisputed rulers for over 300 years. Your guided tour culminates in a delicious four-course Florentine lunch.
Duration in Hours: 2 hours
Availability: January 2 to December 30, every day at 11:30am (except August)
Meeting Point: Segway Office located in Via dei Cimatori 9R, Florence. About 100 meters from Piazza della Signoria
Important Notes: This tour is NOT wheelchair friendly
Languages available: The tour is conducted in English.
- Enjoy a 4 course meal in a traditional restaurant in Florence
- Learn about Italian food from your guide
- Discover the secrets of the Medici's family, which dominated Florence for over 300 years
- Starter: Prosciutto or Tuscan ham with melon
- First course: Pappa (Tuscan tomato bread soup) OR ribollita toscana (Tuscan vegetable bread soup)
- Second course: Stracotto di cinta senese alle verdure stufate (Cinta Senese pork stew with braised vegetables)
- Side dish: Patate in cassuola (potato casserole)
- 1/4 of red wine and water
Please note that this menu is only an example of the quality of the products offered. Since quality is the top priority, the menu changes according to availability of ingredients and seasonal changes.
Gratuities not included.
- No cancellation fee expected if you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time.
- Charge of a 30% cancellation fee if you cancel between 4 and 7 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time.
- The payment will not be refunded if you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time. The payment will not be refunded for any other reason (i.e. weather, change of travel plans, illness, missed train…..) within 3 days of the scheduled tour.
Save time ordering! Add all the museum tickets you want into your basket, then fill in the form and send your request.
PLEASE NOTE: Immediately after submitting an order, you will receive an email with your order summary plus a second email confirming your successful payment. A confirmation email with links to the vouchers will be sent one business day after you place your order (Monday afternoon for orders submitted on Friday and during the weekend). Please make sure that your anti-spam filter does not block automatic emails from [email protected]
Treat yourself to this unique experience - discover the most illustrious Italian family along with Tuscan culinary traditions.
Meet your local guide in the historical city center of Florence and visit the Medici's political residence and Ponte Vecchio before reaching your restaurant. Your expert guide will take you on a trip through centuries of history, art, political conflicts, love affairs, and intrigues of the family that dominated the city of Florence as undisputed rulers for over 300 years. Your guided tour culminates in a delicious four-course Tuscan lunch.
During this experience you will enjoy a four-course meal that recalls the most delicious and traditional flavors whilst learning how the Medici came to rule Florence, gained respect, influenced artistic and political tendencies and how they were overthrown from their position and lead to give way to the House of Lorraine in 1765.
Your “Lunch with the Medici” ends with a most delicious dessert and espresso, and you’ll go home with a deeper knowledge of the history of the Medici and of Florence.
Price per Person: € 55,00