The “Tuscan Wine Trail” is a day tour to one of the most evocative and well-known wine regions in the world: the Chianti. We'll take you into the heart of the Chianti region of Tuscany, the “Chianti Classico.” Located just south of Florence, sun-gorged hills are home to the vineyards that produce this nectar of the gods. Guided by our expert guide and sommelier, you'll visit some of the leading wineries in the world of the Chianti. Taste the wine and olive oil made here, visit the medieval town nearby, and enjoy a traditional Tuscan lunch – a perfect day for wine & food lovers!
- Aprtil to October, everyday at 9:30am and 3:00pm
- March, everyday at 9:30am
- November to February, from Monday to Saturday at 9:00am
- Meeting Point: 15 minutes before departure at the Florencetown office in downtown Florence, Via de' Lamberti 1 (corner with Via Calzaiuoli, only steps from the Piazza della Signoria).
- Duration: 8 hours approximately
- Group Size: maximum 16 participants
Tour price includes:
- Transportation from Florence and back in comfortable minivan
- English-speaking driver
- Guided tour of two wineries and their cellars
- Wine, olive oil and local products tasting
- Lunch in a traditional Tuscan restaurant
PLEASE NOTE: Italy's law doesn't permit selling alcoholic beverages to teens under 16 years of age, so tour participants under this age will be served non-alcoholic beverages.
This tour runs rain or shine. Please be aware that weather in Florence might differ from the situation in the countryside.
- There will be no penalty for cancellations of excursion bookings communicated in writing at least eight (8) days prior to the booked excursion date.
- For cancellations between eight and two days prior to the course, 10% of the fee will have to be paid; from two days prior to the course beginning, the payment of the entire amount will be due and no reimbursement will be granted.
- No reimbursement will be granted to any client who is not at the place of beginning at the time established; similarly, no reimbursement will be granted to clients who lose contact with the guide or who do not complete the excursion.
Save time ordering: Add all the service tickets you want into your basket, then fill in the form and send your request.
PLEASE NOTE: Immediately after submitting an order, you will receive an email with your order summary plus a second email confirming your successful payment. A confirmation email with links to the vouchers will be sent one business day after you place your order (Monday afternoon for orders submitted on Friday and during the weekend). Please make sure that your anti-spam filter does not block automatic emails from [email protected]
The “Tuscan Wine Trail” is a day tour to one of the most evocative and well-known wine regions in the world: the Chianti. We'll take you into the heart of the Chianti region of Tuscany, the “Chianti Classico.” Located just south of Florence, the hills of the Chianti region you'll visit are more than beautiful – they are quintessential Tuscany with its medieval hamlets and olive groves, cypresses, and vineyards. Sit back and take in the marvels of the Tuscan countryside from the comfortable seat of the minivan we'll drive you in.
Some of the best wines in the world are produced here with a perfect blend of Sangiovese, Canaiolo, and other varieties of red grapes. Each winemaker has his secret, and the Chianti wines reflect the knowledge and tradition of generations. On this tour you'll get acquainted with the history of wine and the secret of how to keep these long lasting traditions alive. You'll learn about the Chianti Classico with its unmistakable Black Rooster logo that guarantees the authentic taste and provenance. And we'll introduce you to the different characteristics of wine, how to distinguish the acidity, the taste, and how to pair certain flavors with foods.
This full day experience includes the visit to two wineries and their cellars. You'll experience the products during the wine and olive oil tasting. No day in Tuscany is complete without at least one delicious three-course meal: you'll get to enjoy a delicious traditional lunch. There are many photo opportunities, including in the medieval town we visit. Take this tour, and you’ll experience a great day together with like-minded wine lovers.
This tour is enjoyable for everyone, of any age - but please note that Italy's law doesn't permit selling alcoholic beverages to teens under 16 years of age, so children under this age will be served non-alcoholic beverages.
€ 139.00 per person