- English language guide and driver
- Departure from your accomodation in Florence or Chianti.
- If you are a small party, then this is the tour for you...you own guide all over Tuscany!
- Includes Full Day Car&Driver, Private Guide in San Gimignano, visit and tasting in a Chianti Castle
- Duration: 8 hours
- Cancellation policy: There will be no penalty for cancellations of excursion bookings communicated in writing to the organization at least eight days prior to the booked excursion date. Between eight and two days prior to the excursion, 10% of the fare will have to be paid; from two days prior to the excursion departure, the payment of the entire amount will be due and no reimbursement will be granted. No reimbursement will be granted to any client who is not at the place of departure at the time established; similarly, no reimbursement will be granted to clients who lose contact with the guide or who do not complete the excursion.
Chianti and San Gimignano
Your driver will pick you from your accommodation with your private Mercedes car in the morning. Sit back and enjoy the lovely one hour drive as we take you from Florence (or your location) to beautiful medieval San Gimignano with its splendid skyline of thirteen towers.
Here in San Gimignano, your guide will meet you and introduce you to the history of this small medieval Tuscan jewel. The 11th century town of San Gimignano rises 334 meters above the Elsa Valley along the ancient Via Francigena, the merchants’ and pilgrims’ traveling route towards Rome.
Food and wine lovers will find many shops that sell delicious local products including San Gimignano’s white Vernaccia wine. You will be able to taste this wine in several of the wine stores in the town. The ceramics are beautiful here, and there are also places for buying artisan leather goods and linens.
Your guide will introduce you to the treasures of San Gimignano: the Duomo or Collegiate Church and its magnificent frescoes, the Palazzo del Popolo, and the Palazzo Nuovo del Podestà which is now the town hall.
You will have free time to enjoy one of the many delicious lunch options in San Gimignano.
In the afternoon, your journey continues through the beautiful countryside of the Chianti region following the Chianti “Wine Road” that winds between olive groves and vineyards.
We will take you to the picturesque towns of Panzano and Greve in Chianti, and visit a beautiful Castle for a wine tasting, before returning to Florence (or your location) at the end of the afternoon.