The new smart and easy way to discover all the city and the hills of Fiesole and Piazzale Michelangelo. Admire Florence and its magnificent hills in an active and original way and be surprised using this new electric bike that allows you to see a lot with little effort! Anyone who knows how to ride a bike, though not in tip-top shape, can embark on this wonderful adventure with the help of the new technology! This slow-tour along bike lanes and safe streets is the ideal way to enjoy the best of the city and the countryside around Florence, with its stunning scenery and breathtaking views that will allow you to capture exceptional photos.
Availability: all year long, as follows:
- April to October: 9am and 3:30pm
- November to March: 9am and 2:30pm
English and Italian. Minimum 2 people.
- Meeting Point: Piazza San Firenze, corner with Via de' Gondi, in front of Bar San Firenze.
- Duration: 4 hours
- Tour includes: 50 cl bottle of water, helmet, rear seat for children (on request – free of charge), rain vest, wine tasting with snacks, Tour leader
- Children under 2 years old not admitted.
- Free for children from 3 to 8 years old If carried on the rear seat (maximum weight 22 kg) – tasting not included.
- Not available for children over 22 kg (48.5 pounds) weight (child seat is not suitable for children of this weight and height).
- Not availale for teenagers/children below 1.50 m (4'9”) in height, law does not permit them to ride this bike.
- Tour operator can only confirm an excursion when minimum number of persons required is reached. If tour is not confirmed, cost of the visit will be entirely refunded. Weekend a Firenze is not responsible for eventual changes or cancellations to the programs offered. Please send us by e-mail the name and fax number of your hotel in Florence so we can send you the confirmation there one working day prior to the tour date.
- The Tour may be canceled in case of bad weather. In this case you will be offered a change of date or a full refund
Save time ordering: Add all the service tickets you want into your basket, then fill in the form and send your request.
- There will be no penalty for cancellations of bookings communicated at least eight (8) days prior to the booked date.
- Between eight (8) and two (2) days prior to the date, we will refund 90% of paid import.
- In the event of a cancellation less than two (2) days prior to the booked date, payment of the entire amount will be due and no reimbursement will be granted.
PLEASE NOTE: Immediately after submitting an order, you will receive an email with your order summary plus a second email confirming your successful payment. A confirmation email with links to the vouchers will be sent one business day after you place your order (Monday afternoon for orders submitted on Friday and during the weekend). Please make sure that your anti-spam filter does not block automatic emails from [email protected]
Electric Bike Tour of Florence and Hills with Tasting
Conquer the steep hills of Fiesole and Piazzale Michelangelo without breaking a sweat, and take in the whole of Florence in an active and original way. You'll be surprised how easy and fun it is to use this new electric bike. Anyone who knows how to ride a bike can embark on this wonderful adventure with the help of new technology!
You do not have to be in tip-top shape to enjoy this slow tour along bike lanes and safe streets, the ideal way to enjoy the best of the city and the countryside around Florence. Stunning scenery and breathtaking views will offer you special memories you'll have a chance to capture with some exceptional photos.
Follow your native Florentine tour leader as he guides you on one of the most spectacular and charming hill tours through Florence and the Tuscan countryside.
A short ride takes you to Fiesole, a picturesque town of Etruscan origin overlooking Florence. It has long been the retreat for Florentine nobles and artists, who had charming country villas and beautiful gardens here, in what is often referred to as “sky above Florence.” After Fiesole, you’ll continue along ancient and peaceful hill roads to a delightful organic farm on the outskirts of the city. Take in the harmonious rural landscape and the splendid Renaissance cloister. And if you like, enjoy a snack in the charming shop selling local products (not included in tour price).
You’ll then proceed along the route that leads to the famous terrace of Piazzale Michelangelo, where you can stop to enjoy the unforgettable panorama that encompasses the entire city of Florence. Climbing once again, you'll reach the magnificent Romanesque basilica of San Miniato al Monte, from where you'll descend into the heart of the city along a short scenic route that leads along the Lungarni riverside streets.
Time to taste some excellent Tuscan products – you’ll stop at a cosy wine bar featuring the wines and food products of the Chianti region, where you will be offered a delicious tasting. Afterwards, you'll proceed to the historic center. You'll be passing through charming streets and splendid piazzas, where all the emblematic monuments of the city will appear before you like in a film. Of course, there will be plenty of opportunities to immortalize them during our photo-taking stops. Sites include Ponte Vecchio, Pitti Palace, Piazza della Signoria, the Cathedral with the Brunelleschi Dome, Giotto’s Campanile, the Baptistry with the Doors of Paradise, the Basilica di Santa Croce, and much more.
All client cancellations must arrive up to 8 days before the date of the tour/course/service to be reimbursed free of charge.
If you cancel 8 to 2 days before the date, 10% of the fee will have to be paid.
From two days prior to the tour/course/service beginning, the payment of the entire amount will be due and no reimbursement will be granted.
No refund will be granted to any client who is not at the place of departure at the time established. Similarly, no refund will be granted to clients who lose contact with the guide or who do not complete the excursion or service.