An itinerary through the verdant region of Umbria, discovering eternally fascinating cities. Our itinerary includes a visit to Perugia (Maggiore Fountain, the Gothic Basilica of San Lorenzo and the Palazzo dei Priori), lunch at Assisi and guided visit to Basilica of Saint Francis, Basilica of Santa Chiara and Basilica of Santa Maria degli Angeli.
Info & Booking
- This tour is ideal for discovering Florence and the surrounding hills. Our comfortable coaches take visitors along the most important and panoramic roads of the city and its immediate surroundings. Short walks allow visitors to reach the most celebrated monuments in the historic center, which cannot be reached by tourist buses.
- Excursions are not available on December 25th and January 1st.
- Available everyday, on Wednesday.
- Includes: transport, tour escort, local guide, lunch and drinks.
- Tour is available only in English
- ATTENTION: tour includes entrances to places of worship: no shorts and sleeveless tops.Comfortable shoes advised.
- Departure is from the piazza located at the Santa Maria Novella train station (Station Square corner Unità Italiana Square, in front of Newspaper Box), at the time and date indicated.
- Ample time is allotted for free time to walk and take in the scenery (lunch not included if not specifically indicated in the tour description).
- Tours are made in air-conditioned luxury BA.SPI or SITA bus, with all the comforts (except tours indicated) with English-speaking guide on board.
Please let us know if you have kids with you. Excursions are free for children under the age of two, if accompanied by an adult (one for each child); from age two to eight, a 50% reduction will be applied to the fare.
- Tour operator can only confirm an excursion when minimum number of persons required is reached. If tour is not confirmed, cost of the visit will be entirely refunded. Weekend a Firenze is not responsible for eventual changes or cancellations to the programs offered. Please send us by e-mail the name and fax number of your hotel in Florence so we can send you the confirmation there one working day prior to the tour date.
- Cancellation policy: There will be no penalty for cancellations of excursion bookings comunicated at least eight days prior to the booked excursion date. Between eight and two days prior to the excursion, we will refund 90% of paid import; less than two days prior to the excursion payment of the entire amount will be due and no reimbursement will be granted.
Excursion to Perugia and Assisi
An itinerary through the verdant region of Umbria, discovering eternally fascinating cities. Perugia has one of the most beautiful squares in Europe, where we can admire the Maggiore Fountain, the Gothic Basilica of San Lorenzo and the Palazzo dei Priori, home to the Town Hall. The excursion continues to Assisi, famous all over the world as the native town of Saint Francis. Stop for lunch (included) in a well-known restaurant.
After lunch, a guided tour of the Basilica of Saint Francis, frescoed by Giotto and Cimabue, the Basilica of Santa Chiara, the Basilica of Santa Maria degli Angeli and other important sites. Return to Florence in the evening.