A day-long tour through the Tuscan countryside for food and wine lovers - taste olive oil, finest artisan sheep cheese, and wine from the San Casciano hills in the world-famous Chianti area
Info & Booking
- 9:00 Departure from Florence or your location
- 9:45 Visit to the oil cellar and the terracotta jars in Torre Rossa and oil tasting
- 12:00 Arrival in Impruneta and short visit of the town
- 13:00 Lunch at Trattoria Ponte Rotto in S.Pancrazio
- 15:00 Visit to the cheese laboratory in Corzano e Paterno and cheese tasting
- 16:00 Guided visit of the wine cellars in Corzano e Paterno and wine tasting
Day trips (09:00-18:00) include: private air-conditioned minivan, guide in your language, lunch and wine and cheese tasting.
Cancellation policy: 100% refund for cancellations at least 15 days before the tour; 50% refund from 14 to 2 days before the tour; no refund for further cancellations and no shows.
Impruneta & Chianti: Oil, Cheese, & Wine Tour | Weekend in Italy
This tour begins in the heart of the Tuscan oil kingdom - the hills around Impruneta, where we’ll visit the Torre Rossa olive oil farm. Here, the olives are still collected by hand with the help of wooden ladders leaning against the olive trees. Torre Rossa still owns an old oil press, the oil is stored in large antique terra cotta jars manufactured in Impruneta. Of course, your visit includes tasting their flavorful olive oil!
You’ll then enjoy a short visit of the town of Impruneta. Besides being famous for its terracotta manufactured from the local red clay, Impruneta is also a bucolic little town with, among other sites, a Basilica dating from 1060, located on what was an important Etruscan devotional site.
It’s time for lunch! Nestled into the green hills just outside of San Casciano Val di Pesa, the friendly staff of the family-run Trattoria Ponte Rotto will welcome you. Relax and enjoy a delicious lunch - traditional Tuscan cooking with organic ingredients from the restaurants own production, such as olive oil and wine.
Our search for the finest example of Chianti and sheep cheese-making lead us to the Corzano e Paterno winery and cheese farm in the San Casciano hills. Corzano e Paterno specialize in the production of cheeses with traditional methods, using the milk from the farm's sheep. You will also taste their excellent wines.
At the end of the day’s adventures in taste, we’ll take you back to Florence.
- 100% refund for cancellations at least 15 days before the tour
- 50% refund from 14 to 2 days before the tour
- No refund for further cancellations and no-shows