Your guide will take you on a trip through centuries of history, art, political conflicts, love affairs and intrigues of the family which dominated the city of Florence as undisputed rulers for over 300 years, all dressed with a traditional Florentine lunch.
Duration in Hours: 2h
Departures: from January 2 to December 30, every day at 11:30am (except August)
Meeting Point: Segway Office located in Via dei Cimatori 9R, Florence. About 100 meters to Pizza della Signoria
Important Notes: This tour is NOT wheelchair friendly
Languages Available: The is conducted in English.
- Enjoy a 4 course meal in a traditional restaurant in Florence
- Learn about Italian food from your touristic guide
- Discover the secretes of the Medici's family which dominated Florence for over 300 years
- Starter : Prosciutto crudo Toscano con melone (Tuscan ham with melon)
- First course: Pappa al pomodoro o ribollita toscana (Tuscan tomato bread soup OR vegetable bread soup)
- Second course: Stracotto di cinta senese alle verdure stufate (Cinta Senese Braised with vegetables)
- Side dish : Patate in cassuola (Potato in casserole)
- 1/4 of red wine and water “These menus offered are only examples of the quality of the products, which can be changed with seasonal food”
Gratuities not included.
No cancellation fee expected if you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time.
Charge of a 30% cancellation fee if you cancel between 4 and 7 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time.
The payment will not be refunded if you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time. The payment will not be refunded even for any other reason (i.e. weather, change of travel plans, illness, missed train…..) within 3 days of the scheduled tour.
Lunch with the Medici: Guided Tour & Florentine Meal
Treat yourself to this unique experience - discover the most illustrious Italian family along with Tuscan culinary traditions.
Meet your local guide in the historical city center of Florence and visit the Medici's political residence and Ponte Vecchio before reaching your restaurant. Your expert guide will take you on a trip through centuries of history, art, political conflicts, love affairs, and intrigues of the family that dominated the city of Florence as undisputed rulers for over 300 years. Your guided tour culminates in a delicious four-course Tuscan lunch.
During this experience you will enjoy a four-course meal that recalls the most delicious and traditional flavors whilst learning how the Medici came to rule Florence, gained respect, influenced artistic and political tendencies and how they were overthrown from their position and lead to give way to the House of Lorraine in 1765.
Your “Lunch with the Medici” ends with a most delicious dessert and espresso, and you’ll go home with a deeper knowledge of the history of the Medici and of Florence.