- 9:00 Departure from Florence or your location
- 10:00 Guided visit to the town center of San Gimignano
- 11:30 Visit to the winery Podere La Marronaia with wine tasting
- 13:00 Lunch at the farm with a Tuscan menu and the wines produced by the winery
- 15:00 Visit Siena: Piazza del Campo and the Cathedral
- 18:00 On the way back, when we have time, short stop in Monteriggioni
Day trips (09:00-18:00) include: private air-conditioned minivan, guide in your language (English, French, German, Spanish and Japanese), lunch and wine tastings.
Cancellation policy: 100% refund for cancellations at least 15 days before the tour; 50% refund from 14 to 2 days before the tour; no refund for further cancellations and no shows.
Day Tour: Chianti Region, Siena & San Gimignano
An exclusive tour for lovers of food, wine, and culture, this day-long trip offers you the opportunity to experience some of the most magnificent places of Tuscany.
Sit back and relax as your driver takes you to San Gimignano. Its many towers reaching into the Tuscan sky will take you back in time.
Here in San Gimignano, your guide will introduce you to the history of this 11th century Tuscan jewel. San Gimignano rises 334 meters above the Elsa Valley along the ancient Via Francigena, the merchants’ and pilgrims’ traveling route towards Rome.
Your next stop will be a winery in the famous Chianti Classico region. Whether it be the Setriolo or the Lornano winery you will be taken to, both are family enterprises with histories of producing beautiful wines of great quality.
You will be welcomed onto the estate, introduced to the winemaking traditions, and have the opportunity to taste their excellent wines.
Enjoy a traditional Tuscan lunch in family-run Osteria di Lornano, where the chef will prepare your meal from local ingredients for a true taste of the productive Tuscan countryside.
After lunch, we will take you to the splendor of Siena for a visit to its evocative Piazza del Campo, famous for the Palio horse races as well as for being one of the most splendid examples of Gothic civil architecture in the world. You will also have the opportunity to visit Siena Cathedral, known as the Duomo, one of the most fascinating Italian churches in Gothic style.
Time permitting, we may stop in Monteriggioni, a medieval walled town, located on a natural hillock. The town walls and towers are almost intact, and the views from below are astonishing.
- 100% refund for cancellations at least 15 days before the tour
- 50% refund from 14 to 2 days before the tour
- No refund for further cancellations and no-shows