Daily excursions to the places of Leonardo, departing from the railway station of Empoli. Opportunity to request transfer departing from Florence paying a surcharge.
Duration: 7 hours
Minimum 8 participants
Reservations must be made at least 2 working days before the visit.
The rates include:
- Services as described
- Guide in English, French, German, Spanish, Japanese (other languages â??â??on request)
- Meals as indicated, drinks not included
- Entrances to museums
To avoid penalties, cancellation of bookings must be received at least two business days in advance. When, for whatever reason, the Tour Operator cancels the tour, the customer is entitled to a refund of the amount paid. There are no refunds for customers who do not show up on time at the meeting point of departure for tours, and customers who lose contact with the guide or do not complete the excursion. Any customer complaint shall be communicated to the Tour Operator no later than 10 business days of the tour.
Vinci and the Places of Leonardo
Walk in the footsteps of Leonardo da Vinci – and experience the countryside which gave birth to the Renaissance genius.
- Meeting with your guide at 9:00am at the railway station of Empoli. Empoli has an easy, direct train connection with Florence's Santa Maria Novella Train Station. The train runs frequently, and takes about 30 to 40 minutes.
- Guided visit to the Leonardo Museum of Vinci. The Museum has one of the largest and most original collections dedicated to Leonardo the engineer and scientist and, more generally, the history of art during the Renaissance. Two locations contain this great collection – the Palazzina Uzielli and the impressive Castle of the Counts Guidi, which dominates the heights of Vinci.
- Guided visit to the places of Leonardo: the village and the birth house at Anchiano, just 3km/1.8 miles from the center of Vinci. Here stands the house where Leonardo was born in 1452. Surrounded by olive groves, it houses an exhibition on the life and paintings of Leonardo for a special “meeting” with the genius.
- Agritourism Visit and Cooking Lesson: Your next stop is an agritourism farm house, where you'll enjoy a guided visit to the cellars and explanation of the farm and vineyard's production of wine and oil. You'll then learn how to prepare a delicious traditional Tuscan meal – which of course you'll get to enjoy. Your visit will end with the possibility to purchase wine of the vineyard's own production.
- Return to the railway station of Empoli.