Wine and Olive Oil are the essence and the two kings of Tuscan food and wine culture. There is no Tuscan recipe that doesn't include olive oil in its preparation and doesn't consider a specific wine to be paired with. With this class, you will discover all the secrets of the production of Wine and Olive Oil. You will learn how to distinguish the different and various flavors that each wine presents. You will learn how to pair different wines with specific dishes.
Available Dates and Time:
April to October: everyday at 4:30pm (4pm on 2015).
Duration: about 1 hour and 30 minutesâ?¨
Group Size: 1 to 25 participants
- Tasting of 3 different Tuscan Wines.
- Tasting of Tuscan Olive Oil and typical products.
- Learn about the production of wine and olive oil.
Meeting Point: at the “Florencetown Tours” office, Via de' Lamberti, 1 (corner with Via Calzaiuoli) in Florence, 15 minutes before start.
- There will be no penalty for cancellations of course bookings communicated in writing to the organization at least eight (8) days prior to the booked excursion date.
- For cancellations between eight and two days prior to the course, 10% of the fee will have to be paid; from two days prior to the course beginning, the payment of the entire amount will be due and no reimbursement will be granted.
- No reimbursement will be granted to any client who is not at the place of beginning at the time established; similarly, no reimbursement will be granted to clients who who do not complete the course.
Save time ordering!
Add all the museum and excursion tickets you want into your online shopping basket, then fill in the form and send your request.
PLEASE NOTE: Immediately after submitting an order, you will receive an email with your order summary plus a second email confirming your successful payment. A confirmation email with links to the vouchers will be sent one business day after you place your order (Monday afternoon for orders submitted on Friday and during the weekend). Please make sure that your anti-spam filter does not block automatic emails from [email protected]
Wine Academy: Learn to Taste
Learn to taste the kings of Tuscan food and wine culture - Wine and Olive Oil. These noble substances are the essence of this glorious, yet simple cuisine! There is no Tuscan recipe that doesn't include olive oil in its preparation and doesn't consider a specific wine to be paired with.
With this class, you will discover all the secrets of the production of Wine and Olive Oil. You will learn how to distinguish the different and various flavors that each wine presents. You will learn how to pair different wines with specific dishes. You will taste the region's finest olive oils and other traditional products such as cheeses and honey.
Enjoy a relaxing afternoon while learning interesting facts and secrets about the Tuscan food and wine culture and tasting some truly gourmet products in the friendly atmosphere of this class.
The perfect afternoon break for food and wine lovers!