Exploring the medieval village of Seggiano, with walls dating back to the year 1000. Visit to the Olive Oil, spread throughout the historic center in buildings, including the Ceccherini olive mill, the Cisternone and several churches. The tour continues with a rich food and wine tasting and, in the afternoon, at least 2 culinary visits culinary at your choice. Finally, visit to the contemporary art garden of the famous Swiss artist Daniel Spoerri.
When: every day at 10am.
Meeting Point: Seggiano
End of servize: mid afternoon
Group Size: minimum 2, maximum 50 participants
Language: Italian; English, French, German and Russian upon request (170 euros surcharge per group)
Tour price includes:
Historical, cultural and gastronomic tour
Tasting: Bruschetta, Ravioli or Pici pasta with cheese and pepper or mixed beans soup, cold cuts and local cheeses with home made jams, chickpeas or beans with olive oil, dessert, espresso coffee and water included, wine not included
in the afternoon followed by at least two among:
* one or more wineries
* olive oil mill La Poderina
* goat cheese factory Podere Quercette
* Amiata brewery
Tour of Daniel Spoerri’s garden
- For cancellations of bookings communicated in writing at least two (2) business days prior to the booked excursion date, the whole import will be reimbursed.
- From two (2) business days prior to the booked date, payment of the entire amount will be due and no reimbursement will be granted.
- No reimbursement will be granted to any client who is not at the meeting point at the time established. Similarly, no reimbursement will be granted to clients who lose contact with the guide or who do not complete the excursion.
- Any complaints must be submitted in writing no later than 10 days from the end of the tour.
The operator reserves the right to cancel, anticipate or delay the start of a tour or service due to operational or force majeure reasons impeding the usual running of the tour, notifying customers within an appropriate advance to enable the correct use of services. In case of cancellation of the tour or excursion, the operator will propose alternative solutions so the customer can decide. However, in case of cancellation of the service, the customer is entitled to a refund of the amount paid only.
The operator will not be liable for any damage caused by third parties, force majeure or natural disasters. It accepts no responsibility for damage caused by abnormal or irresponsible behavior of participants in excursions and tours.
Tour is covered by insurance for civil liability towards third parties, with ceilings and guarantees as per current regulations.
Save time ordering: Add all the service tickets you want into your basket, then fill in the form and send your request.
PLEASE NOTE: Immediately after submitting an order, you will receive an email with your order summary plus a second email confirming your successful payment. A confirmation email with links to the vouchers will be sent one business day after you place your order (Monday afternoon for orders submitted on Friday and during the weekend). Please make sure that your anti-spam filter does not block automatic emails from [email protected]
Gastronomic and Cultural Visit of Seggiano
Enjoy a guided tour of the Olive Oil Museum in historic Seggiano, a town with Etruscan origins that still preserves ancient city walls from the 11th century. Until 1248, it was a possession of the Benedictine Abbey of San Salvatore. Later, it belonged to the Republic of Siena and was then subjected to the dominion of several noble families.
The urban structure of the old town, with its ancient city walls, preserves its medieval aspect and rural origin. The Olive Oil Museum offers an itinerary through several historic buildings:
- the ancient Ceccherini oil mill
- the “oleoteca” and store (olive oil)
- the "Cisternone", (an historic rainwater collector) next to the city walls
- the old town hall, designed to preserve archived documents
- churches and monuments such as the Oratorio di San Rocco (a countryside chapel from 1490), our Lady of Charity (built between 1589 and 1603 by artists from Lugano), the church of the patron Saint Bartholomew, and the church of San Bernardino from Siena, where the saint celebrated his first mass.
Participate in a guided tasting of extra virgin olive oils and bruschetta, as well as a rich array of local products at the store located in the heart of the old town of Seggiano.
In the afternoon, you can choose to visit at least two of different food farming production processes:
- one or more wineries (such as Pian di Bugnano or De Triachi) where you can learn all about the wine making process
- olive oil mill La Poderina in Montegiovi (October to December)
- goat cheese factory Podere Quercette in Seggiano
- Amiata brewery in Arcidosso
Your multifaceted experience of Seggiano culminates with a tour of Daniel Spoerri’s Garden - a park and museum with contemporary art created by the internationally known Swiss artist that includes beautiful landscapes and panoramic views. Daniel Spoerri is best known for his "snare-pictures," a type of assemblage or object art.