La Scala is not just the world-famous Opera House of Milan - it is also the name of a famed restaurant. Its award-winning chef - one of Milan’s great chefs - is retiring soon and looking for his worthy substitute...
With this 5-hour experience, you’ll experience Milan’s gourmet soul, and make yourself known as a possible heir to the job.
Follow your guide Silvia, who will also be playing the maître d' at the Restaurant alla Scala. She will introduce you to Milan’s food scene and take you shopping at an authentic Milan open market. Then it will be time to step into the kitchen and learn the Italian culinary tradition under the guidance of an experienced chef. Of course, you’ll enjoy that meal - at the end of which you might just win an award, and - who knows - become the next chef at Ristorante alla Scala.
Who is this service for?: Lovers of Italian cooking, wishing to be “Chef of the day”, starting from buying the right ingredients up to attending a special cooking class with a famous Milanese chef.
Meeting place: In front of Leonardo da Vinci statue in Piazza della Scala, MILAN (LOMBARDY)
How we move: on foot, by subway and tram
- 9:30 am - 2:30 pm or
- 4:00 pm - 9:00 pm
Languages: Italian, English, German
Included in the price:
- Walk around Milan’s gourmet and historical paths guided by a certified Artès staff member
- Tram and metro tickets
- All the necessary ingredients during the shopping experience in Piazza Wagner market
- Cooking lesson with renowned Milanese chef in a prestigious restaurant near Santa Maria delle Grazie
- Special Italian meal from starter to dessert
- Certificate of participation
Not included: anything not specifically mentioned under “included in the price”
> Reservations must be made at least 3 days in advance.
- Up to 30 days before the booked visit, 60% refund
- From 29 to 20 days before, 50% refund
- From 19 to 14 days before, 40% refund
- From 13 to 5 days before, 15% refund
- For cancellations less than 5 days before the booked visit and for no-shows, no refund will be granted.
Save time ordering: Add all the service tickets you want to your basket, then fill in the form and send your request.
PLEASE NOTE: Immediately after submitting an order, you will receive an email with your order summary plus a second email confirming your successful payment. A confirmation email with links to the vouchers will be sent one business day after you place your order (Monday afternoon for orders submitted on Friday and during the weekend). Please make sure that your anti-spam filter does not block automatic emails from [email protected]
- Handing over of the shopping list with all the ingredients needed to prepare the meal
- Walk to the best places of Milan’s gastronomy, guided by Silvia: Piazza della Scala, Galleria Vittorio Emanuele, Piazza del Duomo, Via Torino
- A closer look at the famous delicatessen shop “Peck”
- Transfer by subway to Piazza Wagner to reach a typical local market
- Shopping for ingredients at the Mercato Comunale (public open market )
- Transfer by public tram service from Piazza Wagner to Santa Maria delle Grazie
- Cooking class located in a real restaurant, under the skilled direction of a famous Milanese chef
- Lunch (or dinner) and final awards ceremony
- Each participant will receive a certificate of participation
- Photos and videos may be shared on Artés’ social platforms
Price per person, minimum group size 8 persons:
Please note: Service can be scheduled for less than 8 persons, however, final price will still be calculated on the basis of 8 participants at the price of € 238.00/person.