Discover Milan by food shopping at all the best local places, then step into the kitchen under the guidance of a famous Milanese chef - you’ll cook an Italian meal under his guidance, then eat it, and might even receive an award!
Info & Booking
Milan’s famous Opera House restaurant chef is retiring soon and looking for his worthy substitute... You’ll have the opportunity to test your talent in choosing and buying all ingredients to prepare his recipes in the best local market of Milan and cooking what you got there to make some delicious Italian dishes. The chef will teach you how to prepare his specialties and, after the final banquet, he will declare the winning chef.
Who is this service for?:
Adults in love with Italian cooking, wishing to be “Chef of the day”, starting from buying the right ingredients up to attending a special cooking class with a famous Milanese chef.
Meeting place: In front of Leonardo da Vinci statue in Piazza della Scala, MILAN (LOMBARDY)
How we move: on foot, by subway and tram
- 9:30 am - 2:30 pm or
- 4:00 pm - 9:00 pm
Languages: Italian, English, German
Included in the price:
- Walk around Milan’s gourmet and historical paths guided by a certified Artès staff member
- Tram and metro tickets
- All the necessary ingredients during the shopping experience in Piazza Wagner market
- Cooking lesson with renowned Milanese chef in a prestigious restaurant near Santa Maria delle Grazie
- Special Italian meal from starter to dessert
- Certificate of participation
Not included: anything not specifically mentioned under “included in the price”
> Reservations must be made at least 3 days in advance.
- Up to 30 days before the booked visit, 60% refund
- From 29 to 20 days before, 50% refund
- From 19 to 14 days before, 40% refund
- From 13 to 5 days before, 15% refund
- For cancellations less than 5 days before the booked visit and for no-shows, no refund will be granted.
Before You Book
PLEASE NOTE: Immediately after submitting an order, you will receive two emails. The first email contains your order summary (this one you receive immediately after placing your order), the second email confirms your successful payment (one business day after placing the order). In order to receive these two emails, please make sure that you enter your email address correctly and check that antispam or antivirus filters do not block emails from our [email protected] address. Users of AOL, Comcast and Sbcglobal.net need to pay special attention to this, please. Vouchers will also be available, one business day after the request, at your dashboard.
IMPORTANT NOTE: The time you select on the order form is your preferred time. The closest available time, which can be anytime during opening hours on the selected date, will be automatically confirmed if your preferred time is no longer available.
A new chef for “La Scala” VIP cooking class | Weekend in Italy
- Handing over of the shopping list with all the ingredients needed to prepare the meal
- Walk to the best places of Milan’s gastronomy, guided by Silvia: Piazza della Scala, Galleria Vittorio Emanuele, Piazza del Duomo, Via Torino
- A closer look at the famous delicatessen shop “Peck”
- Transfer by subway to Piazza Wagner to reach a typical local market
- Shopping for ingredients at the Mercato Comunale (public open market )
- Transfer by public tram service from Piazza Wagner to Santa Maria delle Grazie
- Cooking class located in a real restaurant, under the skilled direction of a famous Milanese chef
- Lunch (or dinner) and final awards ceremony
- Each participant will receive a certificate of participation
- Photos and videos may be shared on Artés’ social platforms
Cancellation possible up to 30 days prior to the start of the tour. No refund is possible for cancellations made less than 7 days before the booked tour and for no-shows.