Learn how to prepare the original Fettuccine Alfredo, famous all over the world! Under the expert guidance of the restaurant staff, using selected products, and following the principles of Alfredo alla Scrofa culinary art, you will learn the secrets behind preparing, cooking, and serving the original Fettuccine Alfredo.
- Availability: year round, every Tuesday.
- Start: 11:30am
- Duration: 1 hour for the preparation, followed by lunch
- Meeting Point: at the Ristorante Alfredo alla Scrofa, Via della Scrofa 104 in Rome, 15 minutes in advance of confirmed start time.
- Languages: Italian, English, French
- Participants: minimum 2 confirmed participants, maximum 10 per group
- Cooking lesson with Ristorante Alfredo alla Scrofa's chef
- Assistance from the highly qualified staff of the Restaurant
- Meal with a menu consisting of some of the most famous and delicious dishes of the house
- Use of apron and cooking utensils and all ingredients for your lunch
- There will be no penalty for cancellations of bookings communicated in writing at least ten (10) days prior to the booked date.
- For cancellations between ten and five days prior to the date, 50% of the fee will have to be paid. For cancellations from five days prior to the date, the payment of the entire amount will be due and no reimbursement will be granted.
- No reimbursement will be granted to any client who is not at the place of meeting at the time established. Similarly, no reimbursement will be granted to clients who do not complete the lesson.
Save time ordering: Add all the service tickets you want into your basket, then fill in the form and send your request.
PLEASE NOTE: Immediately after submitting an order, you will receive an email with your order summary plus a second email confirming your successful payment. A confirmation email with links to the vouchers will be sent one business day after you place your order (Monday afternoon for orders submitted on Friday and during the weekend). Please make sure that your anti-spam filter does not block automatic emails from [email protected]
The story of the "Fettuccine Alfredo" began in 1907, in the traditional rooms of a locanda in the heart of Rome. The delicious concoction of pasta, butter, parmesan cheese was born from Alfredo's passion for good cuisine, the theater, and his beautiful wife. It is said that his theatricality - expressed in part by how he served the food in person, in part by his distinctive bushy mustache - is definitely responsible, too.
Made famous around the world through the story of Mary Pickford and Douglas Fairbanks - who, during their honeymoon in Rome, tasted the Fettuccine Alfredo and gave Alfredo the famous gold tableware - the original Fettuccine Alfredo has been sampled by countless famous characters such as Dwight Eisenhower, Maria Callas, Gary Cooper, Marilyn Monroe, Clark Gable, and Pink Floyd. Fettuccine Alfredo remain an inimitable icon of Roman cuisine.
For a morning full of taste and tradition, wear a chef's apron, learn the recipe, and discover the secrets and tricks of this dish of unique taste, right in the historic restaurant where it was first created!
At the end of the lesson and before lunch, each participant will receive a Certificate of Participation, and the delicious gift products selected by Alfredo's Gallery: flavored olive oil and a package of Fettuccine Alfredo ready to cook.
After your “hard” work under the chef's guidance, have a seat at the table and enjoy a delicious lunch. You'll of course taste the fettuccine, accompanied by the excellent wine selection by Alfredo's Gallery. Lunch will then continue with succulent straccetti alla romana (a delicious dish of small pieces of thinly sliced and sauteed beef with rosemary) and conclude with the insuperable sweetness of the tiramisù.
Price per person: € 126.88