For all those who like to travel in the most curious history of a place, made of a thousand exchanges between different, far from each other cultures. A tour to discover the traces of ancient Egypt in the capital of the ancient Roman Empire.
Itineraries available (please let us know your choice by email after booking):
- Mummies and Popes - Visit with us one of the most beautiful sections of the Vatican Museums and be amazed by its unique finds. Gregorian Egyptian Museum (16,00 € for entry)
- Tour of the obelisks - Religious, commemorative or power symbols, but also a "compass" to guide citizens in the chaos of a thousand streets of the city. Let's count together the obelisks of Rome.
- Egypt along the Tiber - Come with us to discover symbols and traces of one of the most fascinating civilizations in history along the banks of the Tiber river or the shadow of the most famous monuments of the city. Pantheon, St. Ignatius Church, Church of St. Stefano del Cacco
Available every day at 10am.
Meeting Point: Your hotel in Rome.
Duration: 3 hours and a half.
Tour price includes:
- Official guide and/or tour escort
- Languages: English. Italian, Spanish, French, German, Portuguese and Russian
Not included in tour price: entrance tickets, transportation, souvenirs, personal extras, tips.
There will be no penalty for cancellations of excursion bookings communicated in writing at least three (3) days prior to the booked excursion date. No refund for further cancellations and no shows.
Save time ordering: Add all the service tickets you want into your basket, then fill in the form and send your request.
PLEASE NOTE: Immediately after submitting an order, you will receive an email with your order summary plus a second email confirming your successful payment. A confirmation email with links to the vouchers will be sent one business day after you place your order (Monday afternoon for orders submitted on Friday and during the weekend). Please make sure that your anti-spam filter does not block automatic emails from [email protected]
Egypt in Rome
Travel into Rome's most curious history, made up of a thousand exchanges with far away cultures. Take one of our walking tours, and discover the traces of ancient Egypt in the capital of the ancient Roman Empire.
Choose among the following Itineraries – and let us know your choice by email after booking:
- Mummies and Popes - Visit one of the most beautiful sections of the Vatican Museums with us, and be amazed by its unique finds. Gregorian Egyptian Museum (€ 16,00 admission)
- Tour of the Obelisks - Erected for religious or commemorative reasons, or as power symbols, but also as a "compass" to guide citizens in the city chaos - let's count the obelisks of Rome together!
- Egypt along the Tiber - Discover symbols and traces of one of the most fascinating civilizations in history along the banks of the Tiber river or in the shadow of the most famous monuments of the city. Tour includes the Pantheon, Saint Ignatius Church, and the Church of Santo Stefano del Cacco.