Access to the undergrounds is allowed only to groups of maximum 25 people, accompanied by a guide.
Attention: each client is allowed to book maximum 6 people per each entrance slot.
- access to the arena
- first floor (and exhibition, if present)
- view over the Square of the Colosseum from the Valadier Terrace
Tour lasts 75 minutes.
> Times and languages:
- English: 9:20am, 9:40am, 10:40am, 11:20am, 11:40am, 12noon, 12:20pm, 1:20pm, 1:40pm and 4:20pm
- Italian: 10:20am and 3pm
- Spanish: 11:00am, 1:00pm and 3:20pm
Reservation is mandatory.
IMPORTANT NOTE: reservations are confirmed strictly in order of arrival on the first Monday of each month for the following month, while places are available. The reservation guarantees the insertion on the waiting list; confirmation is subject to availability. Your credit card is charged the day you place the reservation; in case of no confirmation, the amount paid will be refunded.
- Due to mandatory security controls by metal detector, waiting time in line at the exterior of the Colosseum to access the monument is about an hour and a half. The "skip-the-line" aspect of your booking applies to the line at the ticket desk, not the security controls.
- Inside the Colosseum, containers with water and soft drinks are allowed; glass containers, alcohol or spray cans are not permitted.
- Since July 14, 2014, the visit area in the third tier of the Colosseum has been reduced due to the presence of bricks falling from the counterfacade. It is, however, maintained the possibility to enjoy the views of the square and the interiors of the monument.
- Access to the undergrounds is temporarily not available for wheelchair users due to technical problems.
- Comfortable shoes are recommended.
Ticket, after the guided visit, allows the visit of the rest of the monument without guide, and it's valid also for Palatine and Roman Forum, for two days, and one entrance to each site.
Tickets must be picked up at reservations cashier of the Colosseum 15 minutes before confirmed time.
IMPORTANT NOTE: The time you select on the order form is your preferred time. The museum will automatically confirm the closest available time, which can be any time during opening hours on the selected date, if your preferred time is no longer available.
Please read this IMPORTANT NOTE for Colosseum combo tickets: The time and date on the order form indicate the start of validity of your ticket. You must pick up your actual ticket on the date and at the exact time indicated. If you present yourself later than 15 minutes after the indicated time, you lose your admission right. You will receive your actual ticket in exchange for the voucher you will receive from us once your reservation is confirmed.
Cancellation Policy: ONCE CONFIRMED, A VISIT CANNOT BE MODIFIED NOR CANCELED.
Before You Book
IMPORTANT NOTE: reservations are confirmed strictly in order of arrival on the third Monday of each month for the following month, while places are available. The reservation guarantees the insertion on the waiting list; confirmation is subject to availability. Your credit card is charged the day you place the reservation; in case of no confirmation, the amount paid will be refunded.
Picking up of Tickets: You must pick up your tickets at the Colosseum Reservations Desk (to the left of the main entrance) no less than 30 minutes before confirmed time. You must present yourself with a PRINTED voucher in order to pick up your tickets.
SECURITY MEASURES AT COLOSSEUM:
- Mandatory metal detector security checks increase the waiting time in line at the exterior to access the monument.
- The "Skip-the-Line" aspect applies to the line at the ticket office, not the security checks.
- Backpacks, suitcases and large bags are not allowed.
- The monument can host a maximum of 3,000 people at any one time, this may cause delays in schedule.
IMPORTANT: The time you select on the order form is your preferred time. The monument will automatically confirm the closest available time, which can be any time during opening hours on the selected date, if your preferred time is no longer available.
Explore one of the most famous monuments in the world from all angles: Enjoy extraordinary views of the interior space of the Colosseum undergrounds.
Guided Visit Colosseum and Undergrounds | Weekend in Italy
Experience the “new” Colosseum:
The Ministero per i Beni e le Attività Culturali and the Soprintendenza Speciale per i Beni Archeologici di Roma invite you to enjoy the results of a recent restoration effort of the Colosseum. This important restoration has made it possible for you to experience this monument almost in its entirety.
With this visit, you'll see extraordinary views of the interior spaces of the Colosseum, including the underground level that tells the hidden stories of the Colosseum. Enter the Colosseum underground through the section that includes the monumental Libtinaria Door, which was also restored during this renovation.
It is here that important activities took place, making the gladiators' games possible. Here, slaves executed their tasks quickly and efficiently, hidden from the eye of the spectator. Wild animals were captured and brought in from the most remote corners of the Empire and gladiators prepared for fighting.
Do not miss this opportunity to more completely understand the colorful past of this monument!
Once the visit is confirmed, you can not cancel or modify.