If you believe that Rome is not only the cradle of Christianity and you are ready to change idea…. we suggest you taking in the multi-religious reality of the Rome. A global and intercultural city in which you’ll be able to admire a big mosque, the blue dome of the Russian Orthodox church or, walking along the streets close to Piazza Vittorio, you’ll be fascinated by the colors and smells of the incense coming from the Chinese Buddhist temple… an experience between faith, cults and traditions from the most distant corners of the world…just diversity could offer such great beauty!
Itineraries available (please let us know your choice by email after booking):
- The cult of Mithras - An interesting journey through time to discover the pre-Christian worship par excellence: Mithraism, practiced in the Roman Empire from the first century BC. Mithraeum of the Basilica of San Clemente, Mithraeum of Santa Prisca, Mithraeum of Santo Stefano Rotondo.
- Roman Temples - Discover with us the most important places of the pagan cults of the ancient Romans. Forum Boarium, Sant'Omobono Area Sacra, Temple of Vesta, Santa Maria in Cosmedin
- Ghetto tour - A full immersion in Jewish culture in Rome! Jewish Quarter, Jewish Museum and Synagogue (7.50 € for entry)
- Comparing religions - Catholicism vs. Orthodox! St. Peter's Basilica at the Vatican, Orthodox Church of St. Catherine
Available every day at 10am.
Meeting Point: Your hotel in Rome.
Duration: 3 hours and a half.
Tour price includes:
- Official guide and/or tour escort
- Languages: English. Italian, Spanish, French, German, Portuguese and Russian
Not included in tour price: entrance tickets, transportation, souvenirs, personal extras, tips.
There will be no penalty for cancellations of excursion bookings communicated in writing at least three (3) days prior to the booked excursion date. No refund for further cancellations and no shows.
Save time ordering: Add all the service tickets you want into your basket, then fill in the form and send your request.
PLEASE NOTE: Immediately after submitting an order, you will receive an email with your order summary plus a second email confirming your successful payment. A confirmation email with links to the vouchers will be sent one business day after you place your order (Monday afternoon for orders submitted on Friday and during the weekend). Please make sure that your anti-spam filter does not block automatic emails from [email protected]
Rome: Meeting Place of Religions
Discover multifaith Rome! The Eternal City is much more than the cradle of Christianity – it is a global and intercultural city in which you’ll be able to admire a big mosque, the blue dome of the Russian Orthodox church, or the Chinese Buddhist temple. Take one of our Religions in Rome tours and experience the city between faith, cults, and traditions from the most distant corners of the world.
Choose among the following Itineraries – and let us know your choice by email after booking:
- The Cult of Mithras - Journey back in time and discover the pre-Christian worship par excellence - Mithraism, practiced in the Roman Empire from the first century BC. The Mithraeum of the Basilica of San Clemente, the Mithraeum of Santa Prisca, and the Mithraeum of Santo Stefano Rotondo are included in this tour.
- Roman Temples - See the most important pagan cult places of ancient Rome. The visit includes the Forum Boarium, the Sacred Site of Sant'Omobono, the Temple of Vesta, and Santa Maria in Cosmedin.
- Ghetto Tour - Immerse yourself in the Jewish culture of Rome! A visit to the Jewish Quarter, the Jewish Museum and Synagogue (€ 7.50 admission)
- Comparing Religions - How are Catholicism and the Orthodox Christian faith different, where do they meet? A guided tour that includes Saint Peter's Basilica at the Vatican, and the Russian Orthodox Church of Saint Catherine.