Tasting is offered in a traditional Enoteca (Wine Bar) located in the eighteenth century Palazzetto Giangiacomo, in the heart of Rome. It is a family run wine bar that starter as a wine-shop over fifty years ago and was transformed into its present status by the third generation.
Availability: from Tuesday to Friday at 6:15pm.
Not available on January 1, Easter, May 1, June 2, August, November 1, December 25, 26 and 31.
Available Language: English
Meeting point: Enoteca Cavour 313
The creation of a perfect paring between food and wine in examples:
- a glass of Bellone, a forgotten antique local white grape variety paired with Rome's ricotta (ricotta romano), a rich and flavorful by-product of pecorino romano
- a glass of Frascati Superiore, the white wine associated with Rome, from the vineyards visible from the periphery of the Eternal town paired with pecorino Romano,a typical salty hard cheese from Lazio
- a glass of Nero Buona, a traditional, antique variety of red grapes, cultivated in the hills of Cori, combined with coppiette, roman beef jerky, flavorful and spicy or porchetta, a spit-roasted pig stuffed with wild herbs.
These menus offered are only examples of the quality of the products, which can be changed with seasonal food
Exclusions: Souvenirs and Gratuities
Tour is confirmed with at leats 2 people participating, maximum 20.
Cancellation Policy: The tour goes on rain or shine. No money refunds will be made for lost airplanes, busses, trains etc., Total refund will be made for cancellations made within 72hrs of the tours departure.
Rome Wine and Cheese Tasting
The Wine Bar shelves at L'Angolo DiVino are lined with carefully selected bottles produced by prestigious as well as by emerging wineries. An inviting selection of regional cheeses, premium salami and hams, smoked fish, and a choice of hot homemade dishes complement the wine.
You will learn how to drink and taste the wine, as well as the differences between colors and scents. You'll also be introduced to the area where the wines are produced.
Learn how a perfect pairing between food and wine comes about:
- a glass of Bellone, an almost forgotten antique local white grape variety paired with Rome's Ricotta (Ricotta Romana), a rich and flavorful by-product of Pecorino Romano
- a glass of Frascati Superiore, the white wine associated with Rome, from the vineyards visible from the periphery of the Eternal City paired with Pecorino Romano, the traditional salty hard cheese from the Lazio
- a glass of Nero Buona, a traditional, antique variety of red grapes, cultivated in the hills of Cori, to the southeast of Rome. You'll taste this wine combined with Coppiette, flavorful and spicy Roman beef jerky-like salami strips, or Porchetta, spit-roasted pork stuffed with wild herbs.
These are just examples of the menus offered. The high quality is a constant, whereas the actual products may change with the seasons.
Full: 35, Fare applied whenever no reduction may be applied