Learn everything related to the Italian hazelnut! Experience a delicious and tasty product whose properties are scientifically proven to release happiness-inducing endorphins.
Join Irma, Italy’s foremost hazelnut (nocciola) expert and a charming professional in this masterclass reserved for those “nocciogolosi” (lovers of nocciola) wanting to become ambassadors for the Italian hazelnut around the world. We welcome your curriculum and possible references for the final selection. Places are limited.
Meeting place: at the entrance of OneDayChef, Viale Carlo Felice 25, Rome (LAZIO)
How we move: on foot, indoors
- 9:00 am - 1:00 pm or
- 3:00 pm - 7:00 pm
Languages: English and Italian
- welcome refreshment
- curriculum form to be filled in for the participants
- tasting index and sensorial analysis tool for the hazelnut
- hands-on experience lesson: everything about the hazelnut - with a quiz at the end to test your newly acquired knowledge
- cooking lesson, exclusively organised by the Director of the National Hazelnut Association Città della Nocciola
- preparation of a first course and a dessert
- pairing the tasting with a suitable wine
- use of equipped cooking station for each participant with utensils and ingredients
- final cooking exam with award
- light lunch with prepared meal
- awarding of participation certificate
- PRICE DOES NOT INCLUDE: Anything not specifically mentioned above.
> Children are welcome but must be at least 10 years old and must be accompanied by an adult.
> Reservations must be made at least 3 days in advance.
Before You Book
PLEASE NOTE: Immediately after submitting an order, you will receive two emails. The first email contains your order summary (this one you receive immediately after placing your order), the second email confirms your successful payment (one business day after placing the order). In order to receive these two emails, please make sure that you enter your email address correctly and check that antispam or antivirus filters do not block emails from our [email protected] address. Users of AOL, Comcast and Sbcglobal.net need to pay special attention to this, please. Vouchers will also be available, one business day after the request, at your dashboard.
IMPORTANT NOTE: The time you select on the order form is your preferred time. The closest available time, which can be anytime during opening hours on the selected date, will be automatically confirmed if your preferred time is no longer available.
Up to 30 days before the booked visit, 60% refund From 29 to 20 days before, 50% refund From 19 to 14 days before, 40% refund From 13 to 5 days before, 15% refund For cancellations less than 5 days before the booked visit and for no-shows, no refund will be granted.
The Italian Hazelnut: Cooking & Tasting Masterclass | Weekend in Italy
- Welcome refreshment with coffee, bread and spreadable Italian hazelnut cream
- Handing out of a curriculum form to be filled in by the participants
- Access to the professional kitchen with tasting index and sensorial analysis tool
- Tasting and organoleptic analysis of the hazelnut with compilation of the sensory index
- Test about your newly acquired hazelnut knowledge
- A cooking lesson, exclusively on the use of nocciola, participants will be guided in the preparation phase of a first course and a dessert
- Wine pairing with a guided tasting
- Final cooking test with awarding of prize
- Final festive meal
- Awarding of certificate of participation
- Photos and videos may be shared on the social platforms available through the Artès organization