For curious people, for those who don’t want to give up to culture but are not willing to dedicate an entire day to it, for those who suffer staying hours in long and endless lines waiting for their turn… we suggest a tour in the most original, smallest and littleknown parts of the city. From Galleria Doria Pamphilj, to Villa Farnesina, from De Chirico Casa Museo and Keats-Shelley Casa Museo to the Goethe Casa Museo, from Museo della Casina delle Civette to Museo Mario Praz… without forgetting the museums that you would never have imagined like Museo storico dei Vigili del fuoco e delle auto della polizia and Museo delle anime del purgatorio…
Itineraries available (please let us know your choice by email after booking):
- Between criminology and ancient remedies - Doctors, barbers and tooth-pullers, murderers and protagonists of the crimes of the Twentieth century: all this in two small, unknown museums. National History Museum of Sanitary (7.00 € for the entrance), Criminology Museum (2,00 € per entry).
- The English Romanticism in Rome - A visit to the places where Goethe and Keats lived and vacationed, to discover the daily life of two legends of literature. Goethe House Museum (5.00 € for the entrance), Keats-Shelley House Museum (5.00 € for the entrance), Protestant Cemetery (5,00 € per entry)
- The mysteries of the mind - Retrace the history of the Santa Maria della Pietà Hospital, from its foundation as a hospital for the poor, foreigners and crazy of Alma City of Rome to its closing. A ghost city with a long story of brutal treatments and care of the human mind. Museum of the Mind (5.00 € for the entrance), Santa Maria della Pietà
Available every day at 10am.
Meeting Point: Your hotel in Rome.
Duration: 3 hours and a half.
Tour price includes:
- Official guide and/or tour escort
- Languages: English. Italian, Spanish, French, German, Portuguese and Russian
Not included in tour price: entrance tickets, transportation, souvenirs, personal extras, tips.
There will be no penalty for cancellations of excursion bookings communicated in writing at least three (3) days prior to the booked excursion date. No refund for further cancellations and no shows.
Save time ordering: Add all the service tickets you want into your basket, then fill in the form and send your request.
PLEASE NOTE: Immediately after submitting an order, you will receive an email with your order summary plus a second email confirming your successful payment. A confirmation email with links to the vouchers will be sent one business day after you place your order (Monday afternoon for orders submitted on Friday and during the weekend). Please make sure that your anti-spam filter does not block automatic emails from [email protected]
Unusual Museums of Rome
See the Galleria Doria Pamphilj – one of the few still privately owned princely palaces and a collection of masterpieces including works by Caravaggio, Raphael, Titian, Bernini, and Velàzquez. Take a tour of the Villa Farnesina, a Renaissance jewel and location of a Raphael fresco not many get to see. Visit artists' residences in the very heart of Rome – such as the house-museum De Chirico and the Keats-Shelley Museum (both of them right at the foot of the Spanish Steps), and the Goethe House Museum. Visit the oddball architecture of the “House of the Owls” Museum or the 19th century works of art, objects, and furniture of the Mario Praz House Museum.
There are museums waiting for you you might never have imagined – such as the Historical Firemen and Police Car Museum, or the Museum of the Souls in Purgatory.
Choose among the following Itineraries – and let us know your choice by email after booking:
- Between Criminology and Ancient Remedies Doctors, barbers, and tooth-pullers, murderers and protagonists of 20th century crimes – discover the curious worlds of two small, unknown museums. National History Museum of Health Care (€ 7.00 admission), Criminology Museum (€ 2.00 admission).
- The English Romanticism in RomeDiscover the daily life of two legends of literature – visit the places where Goethe and Keats lived and vacationed. Goethe House Museum (5.00 €admission), Keats-Shelley House Museum (€ 5.00 admission), Protestant Cemetery (€ 5.00 admission)
- The Mysteries of the Mind Retrace the history of the Santa Maria della Pietà Hospital, from its foundation as a “Hospital for Poor Strangers and the Sick of Soul” by the city of Rome to its closing. Museum of the Mind (€ 5.00 admission), Santa Maria della Pietà