Discover the breathtaking scenery of the Etna Wine Road! Jump into your compact Fiat 500 vintage car, and follow your local guide into the backcountry on the slopes of Europe's tallest active volcano, where wine has been cultivated since the Greeks first planted grapes here in the 8th century BC. Your drive includes a stop at the glorious Alcantara Gorge, photo opportunities, and a Sicilian food and wine tasting stop at one of the wineries.
Excursions are available on Mondays, Wednesdays, and Thursdays, with departures at 9:30am, except from July to September, when tours depart at 3:30pm.
Departure: Taormina / Giardini Naxos. Client pickup and drop off is made directly at your hotel in the Taormina – Giardini Naxos zone and surroundings, or at easily reachable meeting points in the area. If your hotel is in a different area, a meeting point will be agreed upon at the time of your reservation.
Duration: 4 and a half hours
Distance: 60 km
Number of persons per car: 2 adults + 2 children (children younger than 3 are not admitted, while children ages 3 to 12 travel for FREE)
Maximum 4 cars can be booked at a time
Stops in program: Alcantara Gorges, photo-stops on the road between Castiglione di Sicilia and Linguaglossa, Winery
Tour price includes wine tasting with snack.
Tour confirmation must be made at least 2 days before the tour date.
- In order to confirm your tour participation, the driver of each car will need to send us the copy of his/her driver's license valid in Europe (International Driver License) by email or fax.
- The Fiat 500 vintage cars, do not have automatic transmission, the driver must be able to drive vehicles with manual transmission.
- A professional, English speaking guide will accompany the entire outing.
INSURANCE: by booking the service, the customer relieves Weekend in Florence srl of any liability for:
- any wrongdoing or split liability accident
- autonomous crash
- accident between more vehicles registered in the name of the service provider
and agrees that damages caused are all the customer’s responsibility.
- Total refund up to 1 week before the tour
- 50% penalty from 6 to 2 days before the tour
- No refund for cancellations less than 2 days before booked date, and for no shows
Save time ordering! Add all the museum tickets you want into your basket, then fill in the form and send your request.
PLEASE NOTE: Immediately after submitting an order, you will receive an email with your order summary plus a second email confirming your successful payment. A confirmation email with links to the vouchers will be sent one business day after you place your order (Monday afternoon for orders submitted on Friday and during the weekend). Please make sure that your anti-spam filter does not block automatic emails from [email protected]
After the tasting, you'll return towards the Taormina/Giardini Naxos area, where your tour will end.
Price: € 270,00 per car
Copious wine and food tasting, price per person: € 36,60