Visit of the ancient town of Segesta, with a quite well preserved Greek Theater and the magnificent Doric Temple, dating from the last 30 years of the 5th century. Visit then proceeds to the medieval town of Erice, offering a charming panorama of Aegadian Islands and the coast of Trapani.
Tour Price includes:
- pick-up and drop-off from Palermo, private car and driver, fuel, highway tolls (if needed).
> Lunch for driver is not included and must be paid at the moment of the visit.
Tour Price does not include:
- entrance fees to museums and monuments
- local guide
- lunch (unless specifically indicated)
- tips and extras in general
- anything not specified under “Tour Price includes"
Full day experience.
All services are for the exclusive use of the clients, made â??â??by car.
Comfortable shoes are advised and appropriate dressing is needed to enter churches.
The program may be modified.
ATTENTION: Availability subject to reconfirmation at the moment of the order.
- Cancellations up to 15 business days before departure: 30% penalty
- Cancellations from 14 to 3 days before departure: 60% penalty
- Further cancellations and no shows are not refundable
Save time ordering: Add all the service tickets you want into your basket, then fill in the form and send your request.
PLEASE NOTE: Immediately after submitting an order, you will receive an email with your order summary plus a second email confirming your successful payment. A confirmation email with links to the vouchers will be sent one business day after you place your order (Monday afternoon for orders submitted on Friday and during the weekend). Please make sure that your anti-spam filter does not block automatic emails from [email protected]
Segesta and Erice
Your private day-tour from Palermo begins at your hotel in Palermo, where your guide and driver will pick you up in the morning.
You’ll first visit the ancient town of Segesta, standing on a vast plateau in a naturally well defended position on Mount Barbaro, some 70 km (43 miles) southwest of Palermo. Here you will see the well preserved Greek Theatre and the magnificent Doric Temple, built by the Elymian people before 430 BC.
After your visit to Segesta, your car will take you to the medieval town of Erice (Eryx), perched high on the top of Mount Erice, offering a truly breathtaking panorama of Western Sicily, the Aegadian Islands and the coast of Trapani with the salt pans of Mozia.
Free time for lunch.
The walking tour will give you the option to visit the Mother Church with its suggestive campanile (bell tower), the 12th century Norman Castle, or to simply take a stroll through the small streets of the town, paved in a unique way. Stop in one of the famous pasticcerie and taste the traditional pastries.
At the end of the day, your car will take you back to your hotel in Palermo.
- For cancellations more than 14 days before date of the requested service: 100% refund
- For cancellations from 13 to 72 hours before the date and time of the requested service: 80% refund
- For cancellations less than 72 hours and no show: No refund possible.
- If you are a passenger on a cruise ship that due to rough sea conditions does not arrive in port or lands very late, there will be a 100% refund.