Looking for the best way to enjoy the famous Siena Palio dell'Assunta, the historical horse race which takes place every year on August 16th, the after the feast day of the Virgin Mary? Take a seat on the grandstand, relax, and enjoy the sun, the parade, and the race from the best of vantage points.
We are excited to give you the opportunity to book Early on Sales one of our new 2012 Palio di Siena packages, before the official opening to the public.
Space is extremely limited, so book now for your guaranteed priority access to tickets.
We offer the following basic package that comes with options for personalization:
Guided Tour, Palio from the Grand Stand, Dinner:
- guided visit (3 hours) of Siena
- witnessing the Palio race from the grandstand
- dinner on the Piazza del Campo.
- for a small additional charge it is also possible to witness the race (standing or with a seat) from a balcony alla Mossa (at the start of the race), with included buffet.
- Tickets must not be lost, as Siena's Government does not allow the reproduction of any replacing document
- No refunds allowed. In case of rain, tickets will be automatically valid for the day after
- There is no gratuity or price reduction for children
- Important note: space available per person is 47 cm, customers may pay attention to the body mass
100% penalty from the confirmation. In case of total cancellation, tickets will be put back on sale; if they get sold, we will refund the cost of the canceled tickets.
Attention: we have availability for the following Palio tours too:
- Dress Rehearsal Dinner: Dinner the night before the Palio dell'Assunta (August 15) at one of the seventeen Contrade (wards or districts) - events that include traditional songs, speeches, and well wishes for the events ahead. Option to acquire the silk kerchief imprinted with the coat of arms of the Contrada -- the kerchief is traditionally worn by every contradaiolo as identification.
- Grand Tour of the Palio: a combination of the two preceding packages. Participate in the Dress Rehearsal on the eve of the race, guided tour on the morning of August 16, witnessing the Palio from the grandstand, dinner in the Piazza del Campo. Here, too, it is possible to add the balcony & buffet option.