Discover Syracuse, famous for its Greek Theatre and the Ear of Dionysus, enclosed within the Archaeological Park. Walk through the streets of the old town (island of Ortigia), where you can admire the temple of Apollo, the beautiful Cathedral and the Arethusa with papyrus plants. Afterwards, visit of Noto, capital of Sicilian Baroque, recently declared World Heritage Site by UNESCO.
Tour Price includes:
- pick-up and drop-off from Catania, private car and driver, fuel, highway tolls (if needed).
> Lunch for driver is not included and must be paid at the moment of the visit.
Tour Price does not include:
- entrance fees to museums and monuments
- local guide
- lunch (unless specifically indicated)
- tips and extras in general
- anything not specified under “Tour Price includes
Full day experience.
All services are for the exclusive use of the clients, made â??â??by car.
Comfortable shoes are advised and appropriate dressing is needed to enter churches.
The program may be modified.
ATTENTION: Availability subject to reconfirmation at the moment of the order.
- Cancellations up to 15 business days before departure: 30% penalty
- Cancellations from 14 to 3 days before departure: 60% penalty
- Further cancellations and no shows are not refundable
Save time ordering: Add all the service tickets you want into your basket, then fill in the form and send your request.
PLEASE NOTE: Immediately after submitting an order, you will receive an email with your order summary plus a second email confirming your successful payment. A confirmation email with links to the vouchers will be sent one business day after you place your order (Monday afternoon for orders submitted on Friday and during the weekend). Please make sure that your anti-spam filter does not block automatic emails from [email protected]
Syracuse and Noto Day Tour
Your morning will be devoted to visiting Syracuse, the largest and most beautiful Greek colony in Sicily. The tour begins with the Archaeological Park of Neapolis where you can admire the Greek Theater, the Roman Amphitheater, the latomie (caves) of Paradise and the Ear of Dionysius. Your excursion will then continue with a walk in Ortigia, Syracuse's historic center with its splendid Cathedral and the famous Fountain of Arethusa. Free time for lunch will complete your time in this truly special city.
In the afternoon, we'll drive to Noto, the cradle of Sicilian Baroque. Completely destroyed by the big 1693 earthquake, the city was almost entirely rebuilt in the Baroque style, the prevalent architectural style of the time. The UNESCO inscribed Noto and eight other sites of the Noto Valley on the World Heritage list in 2002, citing their “outstanding testimony to the exuberant genius of late Baroque art and architecture” as a main reason. The honey-colored buildings, churches and palaces represent the final flowering and culmination of Baroque art in Europe. During your walk through the main avenue, you can admire the Porta Reale, Palazzo Ducezio, the Cathedral and other elements Baroque highlights, such as Palazzo Nicolaci.
At the end of the visit, return to Catania.
- For cancellations more than 14 days before date of the requested service: 100% refund
- For cancellations from 13 to 72 hours before the date and time of the requested service: 80% refund
- For cancellations less than 72 hours and no show: No refund possible.
- If you are a passenger on a cruise ship that due to rough sea conditions does not arrive in port or lands very late, there will be a 100% refund.