A unique opportunity to delve into the tradition of the Maremma region, in the picturesque setting of the Naturalistic Archaeological Park of Vulci. Horsemen will lead cows into the "rimissini" and then separate them, in full respect respect for animals.
When: Mondays and Wednesdays at 10am.
Meeting Point: Maremma area (it will be communicated in the confirmation voucher)
Duration: 3 hours + lunch
Group Size: minimum 6, maximum 50 participants
Language: English and Italian; French, German and Russian upon request (170 euros surcharge per group)
Tour price includes:
- Butteri: 40 minutes visit of the farm, approach to the animals and to the Maremman tradition
- Lunch in a restaurant of the Maremma region, beverages not included
- For cancellations of bookings communicated in writing at least two (2) business days prior to the booked excursion date, the whole import will be reimbursed.
- From two (2) business days prior to the booked date, payment of the entire amount will be due and no reimbursement will be granted.
- No reimbursement will be granted to any client who is not at the meeting point at the time established. Similarly, no reimbursement will be granted to clients who lose contact with the guide or who do not complete the excursion.
- Any complaints must be submitted in writing no later than 10 days from the end of the tour.
The operator reserves the right to cancel, anticipate or delay the start of a tour or service due to operational or force majeure reasons impeding the usual running of the tour, notifying customers within an appropriate advance to enable the correct use of services. In case of cancellation of the tour or excursion, the operator will propose alternative solutions so the customer can decide. However, in case of cancellation of the service, the customer is entitled to a refund of the amount paid only.
The operator will not be liable for any damage caused by third parties, force majeure or natural disasters. It accepts no responsibility for damage caused by abnormal or irresponsible behavior of participants in excursions and tours.
Tour is covered by insurance for civil liability towards third parties, with ceilings and guarantees as per current regulations.
Save time ordering: Add all the service tickets you want into your basket, then fill in the form and send your request.
PLEASE NOTE: Immediately after submitting an order, you will receive an email with your order summary plus a second email confirming your successful payment. A confirmation email with links to the vouchers will be sent one business day after you place your order (Monday afternoon for orders submitted on Friday and during the weekend). Please make sure that your anti-spam filter does not block automatic emails from [email protected]
The Ancient Trade of the Maremma Cowboys: the Butteri
The ancient skill of the “Butteri” Cowherds
Experience the skilled work of the “Butteri” cowherds In the traditions area of the Natural Archaeological Park of Vulci in southwestern Tuscany. The horsemen will heard the Maremma cattle into the "rimissini" enclosures, and later proceed to the separation of the leaders. Everything will be carried out with complete respect of the animals and in absolute tranquillity. At the end of the show you can also approach the horse to see the saddle, the harness and the characteristics of the Maremma way of mounting up close.
Restaurant in Maremma
Enjoy a meal at a local restaurant - taste and appreciate the excellence of Maremma, prepared with careful attention and respect for the territory and traditions. Local wines and olive oils enhance this culinary experience.