A one-of-kind, exclusive, opportunity to discover a lesser known and yet precious and splendid aspect of Venetian heritage and history. Visit Palazzo Nani Bernardo, one of the finer examples of late Renaissance architecture in Venice. Within the palace’s elegant salons, the specialized staff of the Atelier Pietro Longhi, a historical haute-couture tailor’s shop which produces sumptuous, richly decorated, historical costumes, will introduce you to historical Venetian costumes.
Meeting point: Dorsoduro 3197, Venice
Available: from Monday to Friday, by reservation at least one week in advance. The lesson and demonstration will take place for groups of 15 participants.
Time: 10:00 am
Duration: 2 hours
Languages: Italian and English
Includes: Lesson and visit to Palazzo Nani Bernardo and the exhibition of the costumes of the Atelier Pietro Longhi
Accessibility: The building is not equipped with an elevator. The exhibition is located on the 5th floor, which is reached slowly during the visit (opportunities to sit along the way) and the stairs are comfortable.
- There will be no penalty for cancellations of excursion bookings communicated in writing at least two (2) days prior to the booked date.
- For cancellations two days prior or less prior to the date, 50% of the fee will be retained.
- No reimbursement will be granted to any client who is not at the place of meeting at the time established. Similarly, no reimbursement will be granted to clients who do not complete the visit.
Save time ordering: Add all the service tickets you want to your basket, then fill in the form and send your request.
PLEASE NOTE: Immediately after submitting an order, you will receive an email with your order summary plus a second email confirming your successful payment. A confirmation email with links to the vouchers will be sent one business day after you place your order (Monday afternoon for orders submitted on Friday and during the weekend). Please make sure that your anti-spam filter does not block automatic emails from [email protected]
The specialized staff of the haute-couture Atelier Pietro Longhi, a historical haute-couture tailor’s shop which produces gorgeously decorated costumes for the Venetian Carnival, theaters, movie productions, folklore groups, and historical occasions, will welcome you to the magnificent Palazzo Nani Bernardo on the Grand Canal.
In the refined atmosphere offered by the palazzo’s elegant spaces, you will have the chance to travel through centuries of Venetian history of costumes by viewing superb examples of precious jewel-like creations.
Your visit begins with a private tour of Palazzo Nani Bernardo – you'll learn about architecture, art, glass, and furniture history. The tour includes a visit to the courtyard, to the private garden, to the entrance on the ground floor with an historic boat on display, and to the area of representation on the main floor.
After the visit to the area of representation, your visit will move on to the family's residence on the fourth floor, where the exhibition of the costumes of the atelier "Fashion Stories" is located.
The rooms are:
- Square Room with costumes and furnishings from the Middle Ages to the middle of the 17th century.
- Bedroom with costumes and furnishings from the middle of the 18th century.
- Boudoir with post-revolutionary outfits.
- Lounge on the Grand Canal with costumes and furnishings from 1830 to 1910.
Inside the splendid halls are displayed over 20 dresses that illustrate the history of the costume, each with a caption in Italian and English.
The tour includes an explanation of everything being shown, and ends - if you wish - with a look at the assembling of a cut costume on a tailor mannequin, illustrating the process of the cut of a dress, and the choice of materials, allowing you to see all the pieces that form a costume.
Price per group (15 people): € 505.00
- This is a private, guided tour, for parties with at least 15 people.
- The tour will be scheduled especially for you and your party.
- The cost for the guided visit is shared among the members of your party.