Learn the ancient Venetian art of mask decorating at Ca’ Macana, the world-famous workshop which still today produces magnificent masks made and decorated entirely by hand. Ca' Macana’s specialized artisans will show and teach you all secrets and tips of this marvellous traditional technique, and you will then go back home with an exclusive “souvenir”: your very own hand-painted Venetian mask!
- Saturday September 15th at 10.00AM
- Saturday October 20th at 2.00PM
- Saturday November 10th at 10.00AM
Duration: 2 hours
Meeting Point: Ca' Macana - Dorsoduro 3172, Venice -, 15 minutes before confirmed time
Participants: minimum 2 people to be confirmed, maximum 10 per group
- Introduction to the history of Venetian masks their role and use
- Explanation of main techniques used of mask production and decoration
- Mask decorating lesson with Ca’ Macana’s specialized staff
- Use of workshops equipment and one mask per person, to be decorated with the staff’s assistance
There will be no penalty for cancellations of excursion bookings communicated in writing to the organization at least two (2) days prior to the booked date.
For further cancellations, 50% of the fare will have to be paid.
No reimbursement will be granted to any client who is not at the place of meeting at the time established; similarly, no reimbursement will be granted to clients who do not complete the lesson.
PLEASE NOTE: Immediately after submitting an order, you will receive an email with your order summary plus a second email confirming your successful payment. A confirmation email with links to the vouchers will be sent one business day after you place your order (Monday afternoon for orders submitted on Friday and during the weekend). Please make sure that your anti-spam filter does not block automatic emails from [email protected]