** Visits temporarily suspended due to construction work for safety reasons. **
Enjoy “VIP” treatment and avoid the high season crowds! Visit the treasures of the Uffizi Gallery and discover the astonishing silence as you enter the Vasari Corridor, the secret passageway of the Medici family. Your “VIP” tour includes a breakfast stop at the panoramic Uffizi Gallery terrace Cafe and the special attention only an exclusive small-group tour can provide. ** Please note: due to operational management changed by the Uffizi Gallery, the breakfast is postponed from 10:30am to 11:30am approximately and will be made into a beautiful cafe in Piazza Pitti.
- Tour is scheduled and confirmed from April to October, from Tuesday to Sunday. No minimum number of participants required.
- Start time: 8:00am
- Professional guide in English.
- Meeting with your guide 15 minutes before the entrance time, in Via Lamberti 1 (Florencetown offices).
- Tour lasts about 4 hours.
- Visit will be made on foot. Please note that this tour is not suitable for people with impaired mobility.
- Tour starts with the guided visit of the Uffizi Gallery, followed by visit of the Vasari Corridor. Tour ends at the Boboli Gardens of the Pitti Palace, outside the Vasari Corridor.
- Big bags and bottles of liquid will not be allowed inside the museums.
- IMPORTANT NOTE ABOUT UMBRELLAS: Only small umbrellas are allowed inside the Uffizi Gallery. Clients bringing large umbrellas will be required to store them in the museum locker before entering the Gallery. At the end of the tour in Piazza Pitti, clients will have to go back on their own to the Uffizi Gallery (10 minutes walking) to retrieve their umbrellas. The storage service at the entrance of the Gallery, is open until 6:40pm.
- Please Note: It is not possible to return to the Uffizi Gallery after the tour.
- At the end of the visit, you will be provided with an elegant and informative booklet about the Vasari Corridor (included).
There will be no penalty for cancellations of excursion bookings communicated in writing at least eight days prior to the booked excursion date. Further cancellations and no shows are NOT refundable.
Save time ordering: Add all tickets for museums and other services you want into your basket, then fill in the form and send your request.
PLEASE NOTE: Immediately after submitting an order, you will receive an email with your order summary plus a second email confirming your successful payment. A confirmation email with links to the vouchers will be sent one business day after you place your order (Monday afternoon for orders submitted on Friday and during the weekend). Please make sure that your anti-spam filter does not block automatic emails from [email protected]
Enjoy the special pleasure derived from being among the first visitors of the day to enter the Uffizi Gallery, and to discover some of the greatest artistic treasures in peace and quiet, including those kept in the Vasari Corridor, the Medici's secret passageway.
First, enjoy a 2-hour guided tour of the main rooms of the Uffizi Gallery, skipping the usual long lines and avoiding much of the crowd inside the world-famous museum, as you will be entering from a reserved entrance. View the main masterpieces by artists like Giotto, Botticelli, Leonardo da Vinci, Michelangelo, and others, enjoying the personalized attention that only an exclusive small-group tour can provide.
A delicious Italian breakfast will then be served at the Uffizi Cafe, giving you the opportunity to enjoy a break surrounded by the fascinating views from the Cafe terrace.
Then, the door will open and you will walk down a flight of stairs into the magic atmosphere of one of the best kept secrets of Florence – the Vasari Corridor.
Hidden between city houses and passing through the Ponte Vecchio (the landmark bridge of Florence) and a church, the Vasari Corridor has evolved as one of the most astounding architectural masterpieces of the Renaissance. It has served as a passageway since1564, when the Grand Duke of Florence, Cosimo I de' Medici ordered his favorite architect, Giorgio Vasari, to built a path that would allow him and the Medici family to move freely from their residence (Palazzo Pitti) to the government palace (palazzo della Signoria, on the other side of the river Arno).
The Vasari Corridor also houses one of the greatest collections of portraits and self-portraits in the world.
As the corridor is rarely open to the public, we urge you to take advantage of this unique opportunity to view Florence and its artistic pleasures on this exclusive small-group guided walking tour. Bring the magic of this experience back home with you, with an elegant and informative booklet on the Vasari Corridor (included).
Price per person: € 129.00