Chef Giovanni will take you to the central market in Florence where you will learn about shopping for (and tasting!) the best ingredients. You will take your market “loot” to our teaching kitchen and learn how cook traditional Tuscan fare... and eat it, too! Of course, the whole experience will be accompanied by our world-famed Chianti wines.
- November to February: from Monday to Saturday at 10:00 am
- March to October: everyday at 9:00 am.
Duration: about 5 hours and 30 minutes
Meeting Point: at the “Florencetown Tours” office, Via de' Lamberti, 1 (corner with Via Calzaiuoli) in Florence, 15 minutes before departure.
The tour runs rain or shine.
- Visit of the Central Market of Florence with our famous local Chef
- Tasting food samples and local products at the Central Market
- Cooking lesson with our Chef
- Use of apron and cooking utensils
- All ingredients for your lunch Lunch with wine tastings (2 glasses of wine)
- Graduation Certificate
- There will be no penalty for cancellations of excursion bookings communicated in writing to the organization at least eight (8) days prior to the booked excursion date.
- For cancellations between eight and two days prior to the excursion, 10% of the fare will have to be paid; from two days prior to the excursion departure, the payment of the entire amount will be due and no reimbursement will be granted.
- No reimbursement will be granted to any client who is not at the place of departure at the time established; similarly, no reimbursement will be granted to clients who lose contact with the guide or who do not complete the excursion.
PLEASE NOTE: Immediately after submitting an order, you will receive an email with your order summary plus a second email confirming your successful payment. A confirmation email with links to the vouchers will be sent one business day after you place your order (Monday afternoon for orders submitted on Friday and during the weekend). Please make sure that your anti-spam filter does not block automatic emails from [email protected]
This cooking class is your opportunity to understand traditional Tuscan cooking from the inside! Groups are small for a high quality, hands-on experience of the ins and outs of preparing a delicious meal Florentine style.
The first step: Grocery shopping at the Florence Central Market...
Shop with our famous local chef at the Central Market, picking up the ingredients for your lunch. Meet the butchers, the bakers, the farmers. Learn how to distinguish the highest quality ingredients - and as an added bonus, how to bargain! Taste some of the local foods and wines in the generous atmosphere of the Central Market.
Step number two: Preparing the meal...
After this fun experience you will take your shopping to our home-like professional location. Our teaching kitchen is in a lovely traditional Tuscan setting just a few steps from the Central Market. Ready to start the lesson?
Roll up your sleeves, as this is a true hands-on experience. Under Chef Giovanni's expert guidance, you will prepare your own meal, made of Bruschetta, fresh home-made pasta, and a main course.
Step number three: eating your own creation...
Of course, enjoying the delicious food you created will be accompanied by a selection of our Chianti wines. Buon appetito!
Per Person: € 89.00