Barbara Bartolotta and Valentina Lami, your chefs for this program, are expert Italian cooks and Italian language teachers. They offer an introduction to preparing - and eating - traditional dishes along with the appropriate wines.
Your cooking adventure begins at 4:00 pm, and culminates in an fabulous dinner (at around 6:30 or 7:00 pm) prepared with your own hands and accompanied by the perfect wines. An unforgettable experience!
- Classes may be scheduled for any date with a 2-day advance notice.
- Classes can be conducted in your native language (English, French, German, Spanish, or Japanese).
- Take one lesson, or combine several to fashion a program to match your interests.
- The location for our private cooking lessons is in Piazza D'Azeglio 20 in Florence, a few meters from S. Croce Cathedral and the Ancient Food Market of S. Ambrogio.
Cancellation Policy: 100% refund for cancellations at least 15 days before the tour; 50% refund from 14 to 2 days before the tour; no refund for further cancellations and no shows.
Save time ordering: Add all the museum & service tickets you want to your basket, then fill in the form and send your request.
PLEASE NOTE: Immediately after submitting an order, you will receive an email with your order summary plus a second email confirming your successful payment. A confirmation email with links to the vouchers will be sent one business day after you place your order (Monday afternoon for orders submitted on Friday and during the weekend). Please make sure that your anti-spam filter does not block automatic emails from [email protected]
Choose one of the following menus – or combine several to fashion a program to match your interests!:
A TUSCAN DINNER FOR FRIENDS
- Pappa al pomodoro (Tuscan bread & tomato soup)
- Tagliata di pollo all’aceto balsamico (chicken with balsamic vinegar)
- Seasonal vegetable side dish
- Panna Cotta with sauce
Red wine: Chianti Selvapiana, Rufina
- Preparation of different kinds of pasta, cutting by hand and with a machine (spaghetti, taglierini, fettuccine, tagliatelle, etc.)
- Three typical Tuscan sauces: carrettiera, mushroom sauce*, and pesto
- Mousse al cioccolato (chocolate mousse)
Red wine: Chianti Colli Fiorentini Lanciola Impruneta
A MORE COMPLEX MENU
- Mezzelune con ricotta e spinaci (half-moon shaped pasta with spinach and ricotta)
- Pollo alla cacciatora (chicken hunter's style)
- Cantuccini di Prato (traditional tuscan cookies with almonds or chocolate)
Red wine: Sangiovese Lagone Livorno
A TRADITIONAL FAMILY MENU
- Risotto con verdure (risotto with seasonal vegetables)
- Involtini di carne (meat rolls)
- Seasonal vegetable side dish
Red wine: Monteregio Fabula Massa Marittima
- Polpettine di cozze (Musselballs)
- Risotto nero alla fiorentina (Florentine “black” risotto with cuttlefish)
- Calamari con erbette e vellutata di piselli (Squid with tender herbs and pea soup)
- Lemon Cake
White wine: Vernaccia di San Gimignano Casale Falchini
A SOPHISTICATED MENU
- Cestini di Parmigiano con bucatini al pesto di rucola (parmesan waffle with long pasta with arugula pesto)
- Filettini di maiale ai semi di finocchio (tenderloin pork with fennel seeds)
- Verza mantecata (creamy savoy cabbage)
- Pears and Chocolate Tart
Red wine: Morellino Le Pupille Scansano
- Crostini ai funghi (mushrooms on toasted bread)
- Risotto ai funghi (Risotto with mushrooms)
- Arista al latte con funghi (Tenderloin pork with milk and mushrooms)
Red wine: Chianti Colli Senesi Il Cerro Montepulciano
- Gnudi (naked green pasta spheres with spinach, ricotta, and parmesan cheese)
- Crocchette di patate con cuore al basilico (Potato croquettes stuffed with basil sauce)
- Verdure di stagione (Seasonal vegetables)
- Mousse di ricotta (ricotta mousse)
Red wine: Fabula Monteregio Morris Farm
VEGETARIAN TUSCAN MENU
- Bruschetta with fresh tomatoes
- Gnocchi con ragu di verdure (hand made pasta with seasonal vegetables sauce)
- Involtini di verdure (Vegetables rolls)
- Pineapple Tiramisù
Red wine: Barco Reale Ambra Carmignano
* Subject to seasonal availability
Prices per Person:
€ 130.00 (2 participants)
€ 95.00 (3 participants)
€ 80.00 (4 participants)
€ 75.00 (5 participants)
€ 70.00 (6 participants)
€ 65.00 (7 participants)
€ 60.00 (8 participants)