Program of the Visit:
- 09.30 Leave from Florence (appointment at bistrot De Gustibus, Piazza Tasso 13r Firenze, or we can make arrangements for a different spot).
- Visit the first cheese producer;
- Cheese Tasting served with light lunch;
- Nice stop in a Medieval Village;
- Drive back through a panoramic road;
- Second cheese tasting at a small cheese producer;
- 6:pm back in Florence.
The cheese producer will introduce you to his cheese production. He will tell us differences and secrets about his cheese and we will show you his cheese cellar.
Our guide meets you at an agreed meeting point and we will start this tour driving on a beatiful panoramic road trough the Tuscan countryside.
Once we reach the farm, we will start the visit in the workroom. Production may vary according to the season, from milk coagulating, to cheese salting or cheese-mould rinsing.
If there is the chance, you will also visit the barn where the sheep and the pigs are lodged. The encounter with all these animals make this tour ideal for groups and families with children.
In the end you will enjoy a genuine light lunch by tasting different kinds of pecorino cheese (fresh, slightly aged, aged) and caciottas, together with local hams, different kinds of salami, home-made honey, ricotta, extra vergin olive oil and wine.
After the lunch break, you can enjoy a nice walk in a medieval village with a nice view of the Chianti's hills.
For the afternoon we will schedule a second visit for another cheese tasting to a different small cheese producer in the Chianti region, where you can taste their home-made products.
- Cancellations received with at least 48 hours advance before the start of the tour can be canceled and totally refunded
- For cancellations received with less than 48 hours advance before the start of the tour, as well as for no shows, 30% of paid import can be refunded.
Children: If you are traveling with children aged under 10 years, please contact us in advance with ages and heights, and we will do our best to accommodate your needs.
With us you will not live an ordinary tour, we’re going to share with you a human experience to “explore” the lifestyle of our countryside listening to those who live it. You can establish a personal relationship with the farmers and not only just taste their products.
Visits to farms will not be just a quick stop for a glass of wine, but a real “intercultural experience“.