- English language driver and card
- Departure from your accomodation in Florence or Chianti
- If you are a small party, then this is the tour for you...you own car all over Tuscany!
- Includes: Full Day Car&Driver, Licensed Guide in Arezzo 2 hours. Licensed guide in Cortona, 2 hours. Guests will have some time at leisure in Cortona before getting back to their accommodation.
- Duration: 10 hours
- Cancellation policy: There will be no penalty for cancellations of excursion bookings communicated in writing to the organization at least eight days prior to the booked excursion date. Between eight and two days prior to the excursion, 10% of the fare will have to be paid; from two days prior to the excursion departure, the payment of the entire amount will be due and no reimbursement will be granted. No reimbursement will be granted to any client who is not at the place of departure at the time established; similarly, no reimbursement will be granted to clients who lose contact with the guide or who do not complete the excursion.
Cortona and Arezzo
Get ready for a beautiful day under the Tuscan sun!
Your English speaking driver will pick you up in the morning at your accommodation.
After about an hour's drive south through the Tuscan countryside you will arrive in Arezzo, where your guide will welcome you to this beautiful Tuscan city. With its long history starting during the Etruscan age, Arezzo is believed to have been one of the twelve most important Etruscan cities, the so-called Dodecapolis. There is much archaeological evidence testifying to the city's ancient past.
Home to the oldest Italian goldsmithing school, Arezzo is famous for the production of special and refined gold jewelry and its world famous high fashion designer clothing. It is not hard to fall in love with Arezzo and its squares, its palazzos, and the impressive Duomo that dominates the city, looking out over the rooftops and the surrounding hills. Arezzo also boasts a wonderful antique market held on the first Sunday of each month.
After your guided tour of Arezzo, it'll be time for you to take a well-deserved break, and enjoy your lunch (not included).
After lunch, you'll be able to relax in your comfortable car as your driver takes you to your next stop, Cortona. Cortona is one of the oldest cities in Tuscany and, just like Arezzo, one of the great City-States of the Etruscan League.
Cortona is impressive, not only for its city walls but also for its Etruscan Accademia museum, the Town Hall, the Palazzo Laparelli, the Medici Fortress, the Cathedral, the Diocesan Museum, the Basilica of Santa Margherita. You'll visit some of these sites while at the same time enjoying your walk through this interesting and unforgettable place – which you may well recognize as the setting for the Oscar winning film "La Vita è Bella" (“Life is Beautiful”) as well as Frances Mayes' "Under the Tuscan Sun."
At the end of this rich day, your driver will take you back to your accommodation.
All client cancellations must arrive up to 8 days before the date of the tour/course/service to be reimbursed free of charge.
If you cancel 8 to 2 days before the date, 10% of the fee will have to be paid.
From two days prior to the tour/course/service beginning, the payment of the entire amount will be due and no reimbursement will be granted.
No refund will be granted to any client who is not at the place of departure at the time established. Similarly, no refund will be granted to clients who lose contact with the guide or who do not complete the excursion or service.