Following the great success of the book Inferno by Dan Brown - that is bringing the magic of Florence in the collective imagination, we are pleased to announce the event of the 2013 season. This tour will take you step-by-step to relive the adventures of Professor Robert Langdon in Florence, and, at the same time to walk through some of the most important places of our Renaissance city from the perspective of Dante's mysteries.
The tour is just like the book: exciting, full of suspense, rich of contents and nicely done. Together with our Expert guide and historian Mario we have made lots of researches to create a nice tour plenty of revelations that will make our guests very happy. It will be pretty scenic including a costume and some nice booklets that will guide participants through this fantastic history.
Available Dates and Time:
- March to October: everyday at 9am
- November to February: Mondays, Tuesdays, Thursdays and Saturdays at 9:30am
Not available on Decemeber 25.
Duration: 3 hoursâ?¨
Group Size: 1 to 25 participants.
Guaranteed departure, with no minimum of clients needed.
English language only.
- Florence Duomo and Baptistery guided visit (skip the line)
- Palazzo Vecchio guided visit, with access to the Hall of Geographical Maps and Dante’s death mask
- Visit the locations of Dan Brown's novel and Tom Hanks' movie
- Espresso coffee or Gelato tasting
- Licensed English speaking Guide
- Florence City GuideBook
- Earphones for bigger groups
- *Included on the price the opportunity to visit other locations of the Great Museum of Duomo Opera in the next 48h
Meeting Point: at the “Florencetown Tours” office, Via de' Lamberti, 1 (corner with Via Calzaiuoli) in Florence, 15 minutes before start.
Please note that this tour is not suitable for people with impaired mobility.
Big bags and liquid bottles will not be allowed inside the museums.
Attention: The Duomo and/or Baptistery may be closed on Sundays and very few special dates. Clients on the tour will have the opportunity to visit it in the next 24 hours by themselves.
- There will be no penalty for cancellations of course bookings communicated in writing to the organization at least eight (8) days prior to the booked excursion date.
- For cancellations between eight and two days prior to the course, 10% of the fee will have to be paid; from two days prior to the course beginning, the payment of the entire amount will be due and no reimbursement will be granted.
- No reimbursement will be granted to any client who is not at the place of beginning at the time established; similarly, no reimbursement will be granted to clients who who do not complete the course.
Save time ordering: Add all the museum and excursion tickets you want into your online shopping basket, then fill in the form and send your request.
PLEASE NOTE: Immediately after submitting an order, you will receive an email with your order summary plus a second email confirming your successful payment. A confirmation email with links to the vouchers will be sent one business day after you place your order (Monday afternoon for orders submitted on Friday and during the weekend). Please make sure that your anti-spam filter does not block automatic emails from [email protected]
Florence Duomo and Baptistery admission (“skip the line” formula) Palazzo Vecchio guided tour, with exclusive access to the Hall of Geographical Maps and Dante’s death mask Espresso coffee or Gelato tasting Licensed English speaking guide Visit the locations of Dan Brown's novel and Tom Hanks' movie Florence City GuideBook Included in the price is the opportunity to visit other locations of the Cathedral Complex of Florence during the 48 hours following your guided tour
Dan Brown's Inferno: the Half Day Tour
Your tour will include a visit to the Baptistery, the Paradise Gates, and the Duomo of Florence where you will gain knowledge of the symbols and codes as described in the book.
The highlight of your tour will be at Palazzo Vecchio, the town hall of Florence where faith and science join together in breathless revelations through the beautiful “Salone dei 500” and the secret passages of the Duke of Athens. In his INFERNO, Dan Brown describes the unique building as “a giant chess piece that has become an inimitable symbol of Florence.” At the Palazzo Vecchio, you will see the Hall of Geographical Maps, the Capriate, the balconies and Dante’s death Mask.
This is a great tour that will allow you to learn more about the art and rich history of Florence while meeting the protagonists of its past, such as Dante, Botticelli, Michelangelo, and Giorgio Vasari through the lens of mystery and symbology.
Also available the Full Day Option, which includes a visit of the secret passage of the Medici Family, the Vasari Corridor, as well as a detailed visit to the Uffizi Gallery, a highlight of the novel.