How did the old established families of Florence live in their centuries-old palaces and how is their life there today? Which works of art are hidden inside their walls, normally not open to the public? We will have the privilege of visiting a historical private palace in Florence, opened exclusively for us, and of admiring the interiors featuring antique furniture, paintings and frescoes. Walking through the courtyards, bedrooms and halls, we will be able to imagine and retrace the stories of the most important characters who have lived there.
To protect the privacy of the owners the name of the palace to be visited will be communicated on the day of the tour together with the itinerary, which will be established depending on the availability of the owners themselves.
- guided tour accompanied by an art historian tour guide, entrance fees for the private palace, churches or chapels connected with the tour.
- Headset for groups of 10 people or more.
- Transport is not included, the walking tour will take place in the city centre.
Only a moderate amount of stairs is included in the walking tour, however we suggest wearing comfortable shoes.
Please remember to have suitable knee-length clothing and covered shoulders to tour the places of worship.
DAYS AND TIMETABLE: from Monday to Saturday, meeting at 9.00 am., departure 9.15 am.
Length of the tour: max 3 hours.
The tour will not take place in the month of August, during the Christmas and Easter holidays or during other religious and national holidays (April 25, May 1, June 2, June 24, November 1, December 8)
MEETING POINT: in front of the main entrance to Palazzo Strozzi, in Piazza Strozzi.
LANGUAGES: Italian, English, French, Spanish.
PARTECIPANTS: minimum 7 paying - maximum 20 people
Historical Private Palaces of Florence
How did the old established families of Florence live in their centuries-old palaces and how is their life there today? Which works of art are hidden behind their walls, which are not normally open to the public?
Enjoy the unique privilege of visiting a historical private palace in Florence, opened exclusively for your party. Imagine and retrace the stories of the most important characters who have lived there as you walk through the courtyards, bedrooms, and halls, admiring the interiors featuring antique furniture, paintings, and frescoes.
During this interesting experience, you will visit the churches and the chapels where, through important commissions, these same families wanted to leave a sign of their presence and devotion.
To protect the privacy of the owners, the name of the palace to be visited will be communicated on the day of the tour together with the itinerary, which will be established depending on the availability of the owners themselves.
Guided tour accompanied by an art historian, entrance fees for the private palace, churches or chapels connected with the tour. Headset for groups of 10 people or more.
Restrictions and Rules of Conduct
Visitors are asked to respect some simple rules. Your pre-purchased ticket DOES NOT guarantee access or the possibility to stay inside the monument. You may be asked to leave if you choose not to respect the following:
- Appropriate clothing is required – no bare arms/shoulders or bare legs. Please note that access to the Cathedral, the Baptistery and the Crypt will be denied without appropriate clothing.
- Please respect the silence
- Please turn your mobile phones and other electronic devices off
- Do not eat nor drink
- Pets are not allowed
- Works of art must not be touched
- No smoking
- No flash photography or tripod
- Access not allowed with large suitcases
- Wardrobe not present
Please note that the various places of worship may always be subject to closure without notice for masses, concerts, and extraordinary events.
PLEASE NOTE: This tour is curated by the cultural association "Città Nascosta"
IMPORTANT: Booking will be confirmed as soon as the minimum number of 7 paying participants has been reached. Nevertheless, in order to secure your place, full payment must be made at the time of booking. As soon as the tour has been confirmed a voucher will be sent, which must be exhibited at the meeting point. Should the tour not reach the minimum number of participants and therefore be cancelled, full reimbursement will be made.
> To take part in the activities of the Città Nascosta cultural association, it is necessary to become a member of the association. In order to allow us to issue your membership card we will ask your personal data in the order form. Becoming a member of Città Nascosta doesn’t involve any further obligation or engagement, it only relates to the participation in this tour or other activities organized by the association. The cost of the membership card is included in the reservation fee of this tour.
> In case of circumstances beyond the control of Città Nascosta (road conditions, strikes, delays, changes in the opening times of museums or other problems), the tour may be modified or substituted with an alternative service of the same category at any moment. In this case, the price will not be modified and any variation will be proposed and communicated before the departure of the tour.
> Should there be delays entering the museums despite the reservation during the peak tourist season, Città Nascosta and its staff cannot be held responsible.
- In order to avoid penalties, written communication of cancellation must be received at least 10 working days in advance of the date fixed for the tour.
- For cancellations received from 9 to 7 working days prior to the tour 70% of the total amount will be refunded.
- For cancellations received from 6 to 4 working days prior to the tour 50% of the total amount will be refunded.
- For cancellations received 3 working days prior to the tour there will be no refund.
- If, for any reason, Città Nascosta is forced to cancel the tour, the customer will be refunded only for the amount paid for the tour and Città Nascosta will not be held responsible for any further cost related to the refund.
- Group tours start at the established time. Private tours: the guide will wait no longer than 60 minutes and customers arriving after this time limit will not be refunded. There will be no refunds for customers who lose contact with the guide or fail to complete the tour.
- Any complaints must be made by written communication to Città Nascosta within 10 working days from the tour.