Day tour to Lucca and Pisa, undoubtedly to be placed among the richest cities in the world as far as their architectural heritage is concerned. Therefore, they have to be considered unmissable destinations for those who want to experience a complete view of Tuscany and its artistic background.
- local guide in Pisa
- Entrance to the Cathedral of Pisa
- Guided tour of Lucca
- Buccellato tasting, typical cake of Lucca
- Available all year round as follows:
- high season (from April to October): Tuesday, Thursday and Saturday at 9:00; tour ends around 16:45
- low season (from November to March): Thursday and Saturday at 9:00; tour ends around 16:45
- Pick up at hotel (downtown Florence, no drop-off)
- Tour are always guaranteed in English and Spanish (even for 2 people); for French and German a minimum number of 6 people is needed to confirm the language
- Multilingual tour: guide can make the explanation in maximum 2 languages in the bus and inside the museums.
- Note: If the number of participants is less than 8 persons, we reserve the right to make the tour with the assistance of a Speaking-driver instead of a guide; the rest of the tour will remain unchanged
- WARNING: The tour includes places of worship: no shorts or sleeveless tops allowed. We recommend comfortable shoes.
In case of force majeure (road conditions, strikes, delays, changes to opening hours or other problems), the tour operator can make changes to the tour at any time or replace it with an alternative service of the same category. In this case the price will not be subject to change and will be presented and communicated in advance before departure. When, regardless of the reservations, in the period of greatest influx of tourists, there is a delay for the ticket pick up at museums or when the cathedral was closed for religious services, the Tour Operator and its staff are not responsible.
Pisa and Lucca
Join us for a day tour to Lucca and Pisa, undoubtedly among the richest cities in the world as far as their architectural heritage is concerned. The two ancient cities are not to be missed destinations for those who want a more complete experience of Tuscany and its artistic background.
Your tour of Pisa will start with a walking tour to the heart of the ancient city: enjoy the extraordinary view of the unique panorama of the Piazza dei Miracoli with its imposing and beautiful marble architecture.
The walled, partly grassed area is regarded as one of the main centers for medieval art in the world and was declared UNESCO world heritage site in 1987. It is is dominated by four great religious edifices: the Duomo (Cathedral), the Baptistery, the Camposanto building, and the Leaning Campanile (Bell Tower).
Enjoy Pisa on your own - free time before the departure to Lucca.
In Lucca, famous for its distinctive walls interrupted by imposing gates and ramparts, your tour escort will lead you to the enchanting old town center walking along a section of the walls where you will enjoy a breathtaking view over the roofs of the picturesque city.
Your guide will show you the main attractions of the city, such as the Piazza Anfiteatro, the Guinigi Clock Tower, San Martino Cathedral, and the picturesque streets with their many antiques shops.
Your tour culminates in a Buccellato di Lucca tasting, the traditional fruit cake. The Lucchesi (people from Lucca) have a famous saying - “Coming to Lucca without tasting the Buccellato is like never having been there!"
Please note that admission to the Cathedral of Pisa is now free and during most crowded periods it is not possible to visit its interior due to the long lines. We will offer a tour of Piazza Cavalieri as an alternative. Please note that the given order of the visits may change.
Once a confirmation code has been assigned to the reservation we can refund the cost of unused tickets minus a service fee (reservation fee and online booking fee) up to 1 business day before the visit. No refund is possible for a cancellation less than 24 hours before the visit, and for no-shows.