Day tour to Lucca and Pisa, undoubtedly to be placed among the richest cities in the world as far as their architectural heritage is concerned. Therefore, they have to be considered unmissable destinations for those who want to experience a complete view of Tuscany and its artistic background.
- local guide in Pisa
- Entrance to the Cathedral of Pisa
- Guided tour of Lucca
- Buccellato tasting, typical cake of Lucca
- Available all year round as follows:
- high season (from April to October): Tuesday, Thursday and Saturday at 9:00; tour ends around 16:45
- low season (from November to March): Thursday and Saturday at 9:00; tour ends around 16:45
- Pick up at hotel (downtown Florence, no drop-off)
- Tour are always guaranteed in English and Spanish (even for 2 people); for French and German a minimum number of 6 people is needed to confirm the language
- Multilingual tour: guide can make the explanation in maximum 2 languages in the bus and inside the museums.
- Note: If the number of participants is less than 8 persons, we reserve the right to make the tour with the assistance of a Speaking-driver instead of a guide; the rest of the tour will remain unchanged
- WARNING: The tour includes places of worship: no shorts or sleeveless tops allowed. We recommend comfortable shoes.
Departure: 9.00 am
Duration: 8,5 hours - Return to Florence: approx. 5:45 pm
Meeting point: Piazzale Montelungo. Participants are requested to be at the meeting point 15 minutes before the start of the tour.
In case of force majeure (road conditions, strikes, delays, changes to opening hours or other problems), the tour operator can make changes to the tour at any time or replace it with an alternative service of the same category. In this case the price will not be subject to change and will be presented and communicated in advance before departure. When, regardless of the reservations, in the period of greatest influx of tourists, there is a delay for the ticket pick up at museums or when the cathedral was closed for religious services, the Tour Operator and its staff are not responsible.
Pisa and Lucca
Join us for a day tour to Lucca and Pisa, undoubtedly among the richest cities in the world as far as their architectural heritage is concerned. The two ancient cities are not to be missed destinations for those who want a more complete experience of Tuscany and its artistic background.
Spend a full day visiting two of the most important historical cities in Tuscany: Pisa and Lucca. The itinerary first takes us to Pisa, where our guide will show you the most important squares and monuments in the city: the famous Piazza dei Miracoli with the Leaning Tower, the Baptistery, the Cemetery and the Cathedral (visit inside). At the end of the visit you will have free time for photos and for lunch (included in the package only if the lunch option is selected) before departing for Lucca.
The enchanting Lucca, renowned for its art and Renaissance style, hidden within its original towering walls, is our next stop. Here a local guide will take you on a pleasant walk through the enchanting historical center where you will have the chance to admire the Anfiteatro Square, the Guinigi Tower, St. Martin’s Cathedral and the typical “antique dealers street”.
The visit of Lucca will end in a local pastry shop where you will taste the Buccellato, typical sweet of Lucca.
Return to Florence in the late afternoon.
Please note that admission to the Cathedral of Pisa is now free and during most crowded periods it is not possible to visit its interior due to the long lines. We will offer a tour of Piazza Cavalieri as an alternative. Please note that the given order of the visits may change.
Once a confirmation code has been assigned to the reservation we can refund the cost of unused tickets minus a service fee (reservation fee and online booking fee) up to 1 business day before the visit. No refund is possible for a cancellation less than 24 hours before the visit, and for no-shows.