- Throughout the tour, you will be guided by an expert in History
- English language guide and driver
- Departure from your accomodation in Florence or Chianti
- If you are a small party, then this is the tour for you...you own guide all over Tuscany!
- Includes: The Experience includes: Mercedes Car and english speaking driver for a total of 8 hours at disposal. Licensed Guide in Siena for 3 hours. Three course lunch in Siena. Guests will have some time at leisure in San Gimignano before getting back to accommodation.
- Duration: 8 hours
- Cancellation policy: There will be no penalty for cancellations of excursion bookings communicated in writing to the organization at least eight days prior to the booked excursion date. Between eight and two days prior to the excursion, 10% of the fare will have to be paid; from two days prior to the excursion departure, the payment of the entire amount will be due and no reimbursement will be granted. No reimbursement will be granted to any client who is not at the place of departure at the time established; similarly, no reimbursement will be granted to clients who lose contact with the guide or who do not complete the excursion.
Siena and San Gimignano
You will be picked up in the morning from your accommodation by your English speaking driver in a private Mercedes car (sedan or mini-van). Sit back and enjoy the ride south through the scenic hills of Tuscany. Learn about the Chianti region - one of the most famous wine-making regions in the world - as you travel through it on your way to Siena.
The pleasant drive to Siena takes approximately one hour. In Siena your expert guide will meet you and introduce the history of this Tuscan jewel to you with a tour of the city\'s main sights - the Piazza del Campo (where the famous Palio horse race takes place every summer), the symbolic Torre del Mangia, the Palazzo Pubblico, and the stunning cathedral - one of the most beautiful churches of Christianity. There, you will be able to climb up to the highest point of Tuscany and enjoy the unique panorama – a perfect place to take some stunning photos.
After so much history and the many sights, it will be time for lunch. A delicious three course meal awaits you at a well-known Sienese Trattoria.
After lunch, relax as your driver takes you to San Gimignano and its many towers. Enjoy a pleasant walk through the cobblestone streets of the picturesque and fascinating medieval town, declared a World Heritage Site by the UNESCO.
San Gimignano is famous for its white wine, the world renowned Vernaccia, which you can taste in several of the wine stores in the town. Wind your way through the narrow streets, admire the landscape surrounding the town, and enjoy the shops. The ceramics are beautiful here, and there are also places for buying artisan leather goods and linens.
Your tour ends with an easy drive back to your accommodation.
All client cancellations must arrive up to 8 days before the date of the tour/course/service to be reimbursed free of charge.
If you cancel 8 to 2 days before the date, 10% of the fee will have to be paid.
From two days prior to the tour/course/service beginning, the payment of the entire amount will be due and no reimbursement will be granted.
No refund will be granted to any client who is not at the place of departure at the time established. Similarly, no refund will be granted to clients who lose contact with the guide or who do not complete the excursion or service.