How did people live in Florence between the Middle Ages and the Renaissance, when some of the most famous art masterpieces were created in this city? We will discover it by visiting some palaces that, still today, house objects, art works and stories linked to the daily life in the past centuries.
- guided tour accompanied by an art historian tour guide, entrance fees for the Palazzo Davanzati and Palazzo Medici, as well as a private palace. On Wednesdays, closing day of Palazzo Medici, in alternative we will visit Palazzo Vecchio.
- Headset for groups of 10 people or more.
- Transport is not included, the walking tour will take place in the city centre.
Only a moderate amount of stairs is included in the walking tour, however we suggest wearing comfortable shoes.
DAYS AND TIMETABLE: from Tuesday to Saturday, meeting at 9.00 am., departure 9.15 am.
Length of the tour: max 3 hours.
The tour will not take place in the month of August, during the Christmas and Easter holidays or during other religious and national holidays (April 25, May 1, June 2, June 24, November 1, December 8)
MEETING POINT: in front of the main entrance to Palazzo Strozzi, in Piazza Strozzi.
LANGUAGES: Italian, English, French, Spanish.
PARTECIPANTS: minimum 10 paying - maximum 20 people
The Art of Living in Florence
Your tour begins with a visit to Palazzo Davanzati, whose lively frescoed rooms are the seat of the “Museum of the Ancient Florentine House.” You will visit all the floors, including the second and the third opened especially for your group - an exploration that will lead from the kitchen to the bedrooms, to the halls. The more striking spaces are the “Hall of the Parrots” and the “Room of the Lady of the Castle of Vergy,” and the… “bathrooms.”
Your tour of Florentine life will continue by visiting Palazzo Medici, residence of the most famous family of the Florentine Renaissance, where you will see the frescoed masterpieces of the “Chapel of the Magi” and the “Luca Giordano Gallery.”
Your tour concludes with the exclusive visit to an historical private palace, opened especially for your party, still home of one of the most famous and established Florentine families, with original furniture and art works.
On Wednesdays, closing day of Palazzo Medici, your tour takes you to visit Palazzo Vecchio, also residence of the Medici family. The highlight of this visit is the rich “Hall of the 500,” lavishly decorated with paintings and statues by the most famous artists of the 16th century, from Michelangelo to Giorgio Vasari.
Guided tour accompanied by an art historian, entrance fees for the Palazzo Davanzati and Palazzo Medici, as well as a private palace. On Wednesdays, closing day of Palazzo Medici, the visit will include Palazzo Vecchio. Headset for groups of 10 people or more.
PLEASE NOTE: This tour is curated by the cultural association "Città Nascosta"
IMPORTANT: Booking will be confirmed as soon as the minimum number of 7 paying participants has been reached. Nevertheless, in order to secure your place, full payment must be made at the time of booking. As soon as the tour has been confirmed a voucher will be sent, which must be exhibited at the meeting point. Should the tour not reach the minimum number of participants and therefore be cancelled, full reimbursement will be made.
> To take part in the activities of the Città Nascosta cultural association, it is necessary to become a member of the association. In order to allow us to issue your membership card we will ask your personal data in the order form. Becoming a member of Città Nascosta doesn’t involve any further obligation or engagement, it only relates to the participation in this tour or other activities organized by the association. The cost of the membership card is included in the reservation fee of this tour.
> In case of circumstances beyond the control of Città Nascosta (road conditions, strikes, delays, changes in the opening times of museums or other problems), the tour may be modified or substituted with an alternative service of the same category at any moment. In this case, the price will not be modified and any variation will be proposed and communicated before the departure of the tour.
> Should there be delays entering the museums despite the reservation during the peak tourist season, Città Nascosta and its staff cannot be held responsible.
- In order to avoid penalties, written communication of cancellation must be received at least 10 working days in advance of the date fixed for the tour.
- For cancellations received from 9 to 7 working days prior to the tour 70% of the total amount will be refunded.
- For cancellations received from 6 to 4 working days prior to the tour 50% of the total amount will be refunded.
- For cancellations received 3 working days prior to the tour there will be no refund.
- If, for any reason, Città Nascosta is forced to cancel the tour, the customer will be refunded only for the amount paid for the tour and Città Nascosta will not be held responsible for any further cost related to the refund.
- Group tours start at the established time. Private tours: the guide will wait no longer than 60 minutes and customers arriving after this time limit will not be refunded. There will be no refunds for customers who lose contact with the guide or fail to complete the tour.
- Any complaints must be made by written communication to Città Nascosta within 10 working days from the tour.