- March: daily at 9:30am
- From April to October: daily at 9:30am and 2:30pm
- November from Monday to Saturday at 9:30am
Tour lasts about 8 hours (afternppn tour: 6 hours)
A valid drivers license is required and you must be at least 18 years of age. However, you do not need a motorcycle license. If age 12 to 17, only as passenger.
Groups of maximum 15 people.
If you do not feel comfortable driving, you can choose to ride with an experienced guide.
Meeting point: Via de Lamberti 1
This service is operated with Original Piaggio Vespa or Piaggio Zip 50cc scooters
- Roundtrip transportation by minivan to/from departure point
- 50cc original Piaggio Vespa Scooter
- Official T-Shirt
- Tuscan meal
- Wine and olive oil tasting
- Guided Winery Tour
- Small group Vespa tour
- Professional Tour Escort
- Minivan Support
SPECIAL REQUIREMENTS AND NOTES:
- A valid driving license is required (although you do not need a motorcycle license) and you must be at least 18 years of age to drive, at least 13 years to be a passenger.
- Previous experience is not required but advantageous and highly advised. The tour operator reserves the right of final judgement in client participation of actual scooter driving or in client being a passenger, or to discontinue scooter use at any point of the tour. Any participant unable to drive scooters safely may ride double with a partner, or on the guide’s scooter if available or continue the tour on board one of our support vehichles (the Tuscany Tuk Tuk or the minivan, depending which is available) if unable to be a safe passenger as well. NO REFUND will be granted in this case. OUR FIRST AND FOREMOST CONCERN IS EVERYONE’S SAFETY.
- This tour option entitles client to ride the original PIAGGIO VESPAs, but PIAGGIO ZIP scooters (which are lighter and easier to ride) are available.
- A THIRD-PARTY insurance for civil liability is INCLUDED in the price of the tour. Please note that clients will be given the option to subscribe an additional insurance against vehicle damages.
- Please let us know in advance any special need or impaired mobility of the clients and we will do our best to accomodate them.
Cancellation policy: There will be no penalty for cancellations of excursion bookings communicated in writing to the organization at least eight days prior to the booked excursion date. Between eight and two days prior to the excursion, 10% of the fare will have to be paid; from two days prior to the excursion departure, the payment of the entire amount will be due and no reimbursement will be granted. No reimbursement will be granted to any client who is not at the place of departure at the time established; similarly, no reimbursement will be granted to clients who lose contact with the guide or who do not complete the excursion.
Only in case of heavy rain the tour will not operate. This will be decided upon departure and customers are asked to check in at meeting point in any case, in order to claim for reimbursement. Should heavy rain happen during the tour, a minivan support will be provided. Beware that weather in Florence might differ from the situation in the country side.
Vespa Tour in Chianti
Join us for a fun and beautiful day on the back roads of Tuscany – on a Vespa!
We will pick you up with one of our comfortable minivans and take you to the countryside, away from the busy hassle of the city.
First, you will receive an orientation conducted by an English speaking trained professional ensuring the safe operation of the scooter. We will then head out for our engaging and enjoyable ride, along quiet and scenic country roads offering splendid views of the rolling hillside, vineyards and olive groves, little ancient churches and medieval towers. Several stops for photo opportunities will be made along the way.
You will visit a winery and enjoy a guided tour of their ancient cellars, where you will learn all the secrets of wine and olive oil production.
A traditional Tuscan lunch (or dinner, depending on which departure you choose) will be served with a wine tasting.
Your official t-shirt (included) will always remind you of this incredible experience!
Service is operated with original 50cc PIAGGIO VESPA or ZIP scooters. We also provide APE CALESSINO, also called Tuscany Tuk Tuk (3 wheeled Vespa, driven by a tour leader), as alternative if you do not feel comfortable driving.
Mileage on scooter: 20 miles round-trip (32 kms)
Terrain: Mostly paved back roads with very little traffic.
Difficulty: Easy. Average speed 25 km/h (15 mls/h).
Minivan support always guaranteed
A valid driving license is required (although you do not need a motorcycle license) and you must be at least 18 years of age to drive, at least 13 years to be a passenger.