Come with us on a tour through the Dolomite Mountains and explore Renon Plateau and the charming mountain town of Bolzano. You will admire the "earth pyramid", a unique rock formation that populates the area, and enjoy the Tyrolean atmosphere of Bolzano on a walking tour with your local guide.
- Available: all year round, on Thursdays
- Departure Time: 7:00am
- Duration: 13 hours
- Departure Meeting Point: Foro Bonaparte 76, at the corner with Via Cusani or Milan Metro stop (red line) MM1 Cairoli
- FREE admission for children under 4 years of age.
- The tour is guaranteed with at least 6 booked participants, maximum group size is 50.
Tour price includes:
- Transport by air-conditioned coach
- English Speaking tour leader
- Cable car and electric train transport
Not included: Entrance fees – personal extras (such as food) – tips.
- No penalties for bookings canceled at least 2 working days before date of tour.
- 100% penalty for cancellation within 2 working days, no-show or late arrival on departure.
Save time ordering: Add all the service tickets you want into your basket, then fill in the form and send your request.
PLEASE NOTE: Immediately after submitting an order, you will receive an email with your order summary plus a second email confirming your successful payment. A confirmation email with links to the vouchers will be sent one business day after you place your order (Monday afternoon for orders submitted on Friday and during the weekend). Please make sure that your anti-spam filter does not block automatic emails from [email protected]
Dolomite Express and the Historical Renon (Ritten) Train
- One-day trip to the Dolomites from Milan
- Take the Renon cable car from Bolzano to Soprabolzano
- Enjoy a scenic journey on the Ritten Railway train up to the Renon Plateau
- Free time in the mountain village of Collalbo and admire the Dolomites’ earth pyramids
- Walking tour of Bolzano stopping for photos in Piazza Walther and Piazza delle Erbe
Meet your guide in Milan city center and leave for a 2.5 hour bus journey to the Dolomites – Italy’s beautiful mountain range featuring 18 peaks which rise to above 3,000 meters (close to 10,000 feet) and is listed as a UNESCO World Heritage Site.
After you arrive in Bolzano, the capital of Italy’s South Tyrol province, and after a walk through town, take the Renon cable car to Soprabolzano – a tiny little village half-way up Renon Plateau. Traveling to an altitude of 1,221 meters (4,006 feet), the cable car will give you a stunning panoramic view of the snow-capped mountains as you rise out of the plains.
In Soprabolzano, you will get on board a 100-year-old electric train, the “Ritten Bahn,” for a picturesque ride to Collalbo on top of the Renon Plateau. Upon arrival, enjoy free time for lunch (not included) or for exploring the charming little village. From Collalbo, the unspoiled mountain scenery will offer you a view of the most celebrated natural features on the Ritten, the earth pyramids, impressive rock pillars rising out of the ground.
In the afternoon, meet your guide for your bus transfer back to Bolzano, a city proud of its Austrian roots, which only became part of Italy in 1918. Most of its citizens still speak German and middle-European influence can be seen in its Rationalistic architecture. Your guide will help you immerse yourself in the Tyrolean atmosphere, with a walking tour taking you through the history and culture of Bolzano. Don’t miss the opportunity to take some pictures in Piazza Walther and in the vibrant Piazza delle Erbe before returning to Milan on the bus.