Info & Booking
Explore one of the most famous monuments in the world from all angles: Enjoy extraordinary views of both the interior space of the Colosseum and of the whole of Rome from the now accessible third level of the stands. Your visit also takes you up to the 4th and 5th level of the astonishing building. Do not miss this opportunity to more completely understand the colorful past of the Colosseum – book your guided visit with us!
Access to the upper levels of the Colosseum is permitted only for groups of 25 people maximum, accompanied by a guide.
Please Note: each client is allowed to book maximum 6 people per each entrance slot.
- Access to the level of the first raised tier
- Exhibition, if present
- Access to the 3rd level with view onto the Via dei Fori Imperiali
- Access to the 4th and 5th levels - 360 degree view of the Colosseum
Times and languages:
- Italian: every day at 11:15am
- English: every day at 9:35am, 10:55am and 1:35pm
- Spanish: every day 2:15pm and 4:35pm
Tour duration: 75 minutes.
Reservations are required.
You may continue your visit of the Colosseum after the guided visit is completed.
Your ticket is also valid for two days to the Palatine Museum and Roman Forum and for one entrance to each site.
ATTENTION - PLEASE NOTE:
- Due to mandatory security controls by metal detector, waiting time in line at the exterior of the Colosseum to access the monument is about an hour and a half. The "skip-the-line" aspect of your booking applies to the line at the ticket desk, not to the security controls.
- Inside the Colosseum, containers with water and soft drinks are allowed; glass containers, alcohol or spray cans are not permitted.
- Comfortable shoes are recommended.
- Access to the third level is physically challenging.
Once the visit is confirmed, you can not cancel or modify.
Before You Book
IMPORTANT NOTE: reservations are confirmed strictly in order of arrival on the third Monday of each month for the following month, while places are available. The reservation guarantees the insertion on the waiting list; confirmation is subject to availability. Your credit card is charged the day you place the reservation; in case of no confirmation, the amount paid will be refunded.
Picking up of Tickets: You must pick up your tickets at the Colosseum Reservations Desk (to the left of the main entrance) no less than 30 minutes before confirmed time. You must present yourself with a PRINTED voucher in order to pick up your tickets.
SECURITY MEASURES AT COLOSSEUM:
- Mandatory metal detector security checks increase the waiting time in line at the exterior to access the monument.
- The "Skip-the-Line" aspect applies to the line at the ticket office, not the security checks.
- Backpacks, suitcases and large bags are not allowed.
- The monument can host a maximum of 3,000 people at any one time, this may cause delays in schedule.
IMPORTANT: The time you select on the order form is your preferred time. The monument will automatically confirm the closest available time, which can be any time during opening hours on the selected date, if your preferred time is no longer available.
Explore one of the most famous monuments in the world from all angles: Enjoy extraordinary views of both the interior space of the Colosseum and of the whole of Rome from the now accessible third level of the stands. Your visit also takes you up to the 4th and 5th level of the astonishing building.
Belvedere Tour Colosseum Guided Visit with upper levels
Experience the “new” Colosseum:
The Ministero per i Beni e le Attività Culturali and the Soprintendenza Speciale per i Beni Archeologici di Roma invite you to enjoy the results of a recent restoration effort of the Colosseum. This important restoration has made it possible for you to experience this monument almost in its entirety.
See extraordinary views of both the interior space of the Colosseum and the whole of Rome from the now accessible third level of the stands.
Access the top ring of the monument, and experience the unique relationship the Colosseum has with the area of the Forum, the other monuments of Imperial Rome, as well as with the whole urban landscape of Rome.
At the same time, you gain a sense of the original size of the Colosseum and can fully enjoy its grandeur.
Do not miss this opportunity to more completely understand the colorful past of this monument!