Extraordinary activation of the Vatican - Castel Gandolfo - Albano Laziale railway line, offering a unique and evocative journey from the historic Station of the world's smallest State, via a tourist train, to the discovery of a priceless artistic, botanical and architectural treasure.
- Skip the line entrance and visit to the Vatican Museums with audio guide
- Walk through the Vatican Gardens with audio guide
- Train trip from the Vatican Train Station to Albano Laziale Train Station
- Transfer up to the Pontifical Villas
- Visit by tourist train of the Pontifical Villas - Villa Barberini, with audio guide
- Train trip from Albano Laziale Train Station to Rome San Pietro Train Station
Audio guide service is available in English, Italian and Spanish.
Available on Saturdays at 8am; departure from Albano Laziale at 5:18pm.
Visit is currently not accessible to wheelchair users or walking problems. Comfortable shoes recommended.
Luggage and security:
- There is no cloakroom service available; therefore, suitcases, bags, parcels and containers are not allowed. Only small backpacks allowed; they must be carried on the shoulders and do not protrude from the outline of the body, in the maximum point, beyond 15 centimeters.
- Only small umbrellas allowed; entry will not be allowed with large, medium or tip umbrellas.
- Entrance with walking sticks allowed only to disabled to facilitate walking.
- Entrance not allowed with camera tripods and cameras, posters and signs of any kind.
- Only plastic bottles allowed
- Photographs without flash allowed
- Pets not allowed
- It is not permitted to eat during the visit
- It is forbidden to smoke on the train and in the visit areas
The Vatican Museums require the names and birth dates of all participants in your group. Once you have added the reservation to your shopping cart, please enter the names and birth dates in the provided field on the order form.
PLEASE READ THE FOLLOWING INFORMATION CAREFULLY:
- Reservation guarantees a place on the waiting list as the museum confirms the visit approximately two months before the requested date.
- Credit card charge is made on the business day after the reservation request.
- The reservation allows you to enter the Vatican Museums without queuing up at the time and date confirmed on the voucher.
- Late arrivals will not be admitted. We strongly suggest that you to be at the meeting point 15 minutes before the time indicated on the confirmation voucher.
- Your admission time may be delayed due to the large number or visitors entering the museums every day. Weekend a Firenze is not responsible for possible delays caused by the Vatican Museums.
- After the payment is confirmed, you will receive an e-mail with the confirmation of the booking, the voucher containing the reservation code, and the tour information. Please print out the voucher for presentation on the day of the tour.
- The reservation will be checked by means of the bar code on the voucher. To access the museums, you will be required to present the voucher together with a valid identification document.
- In case of loss of the voucher please consult the Customer Care Staff.
- Rooms closed at the time of the visit will be indicated at the entrance.
- Access to the Vatican Museums is permitted only to visitors with proper attire.
- All the reservations, dates, and times may be changed or cancelled by the Vatican Museums due to unforeseen circumstances related to activities of the Pope.
- Reservations can be made up until 4 days before the visit.
Save time ordering! Add all the museum tickets you want into your basket, then fill in the form and send your request.
IMPORTANT NOTE: The time you select on the order form is your preferred time. The museum will automatically confirm the closest available time, which can be any time during opening hours on the selected date, if your preferred time is no longer available.
Please read the Ordering Information page before placing your reservations.
PLEASE NOTE: Immediately after submitting an order, you will receive an email with your order summary plus a second email confirming your successful payment. A confirmation email with links to the vouchers will be sent one business day after you place your order (Monday afternoon for orders submitted on Friday and during the weekend). Please make sure that your anti-spam filter does not block automatic emails from [email protected]
Tickets CANNOT be cancelled and are NOT refundable.
Practical Information - Before You Book
PLEASE NOTE: Immediately after submitting an order, you will receive two emails. The first email contains your order summary (this one you receive immediately after placing your order), the second email confirms your successful payment (one business day after placing the order). In order to receive these two emails, please make sure that you enter your email address correctly and check that antispam or antivirus filters do not block emails from our [email protected] address. Users of AOL, Comcast and Sbcglobal.net need to pay special attention to this, please. Vouchers will also be available, one business day after the request, at your dashboard. IMPORTANT NOTE: The museum or attraction will automatically confirm the closest available time, which can be anytime during opening hours on the selected date, if your preferred time is no longer available.
Ticket with "Skip-the-Line" reservation
Full Day Visit Vatican and Pontifical Villas Castel Gandolfo by Train
Dedicate an entire day to the treasures of the Vatican - both in Rome and at the summer residence in Castel Gandolfo (Alban Hills)! The extraordinary opening of the Vatican - Castel Gandolfo - Albano Laziale railway line offers the opportunity for a unique and evocative journey from the historic train station of the world's smallest state to the priceless artistic, botanical and architectural treasures at Castel Gandolfo, located in the verdant Alban Hills just south of Rome.
- 8:00am: “Skip-the-Line”-access and visit to the Vatican Museums and the Sistine Chapel with dedicated audio guide
- 10:00am: walking visit to the Vatican gardens with dedicated audio guide
- 11:00am: departure by train from the Vatican City railway station towards Albano Laziale and transfer to the Pontifical Villas by shuttle
- 12:30pm: visit to the Pontifical Villas - Villa Barberini, with audio guide, by tourist train
- 1:30pm: end of the tour and exit from the Pontifical Villas
- Free time
- 4:45pm: transfer from the Pontifical Villas to Albano Laziale train station by shuttle
- 5:18pm: departure from Albano Laziale train station to Roma San Pietro station near the Vatican
Full: 49.55, Fare applied whenever no reduction may be applied
Reduced: 45.55, Reduced fare applied when...