Extraordinary activation of the Vatican - Castel Gandolfo - Albano Laziale railway line, offering a unique and evocative journey from the historic Station of the world's smallest State, via a tourist train, to the discovery of a priceless artistic, botanical and architectural treasure.
Info & Booking
Thanks to the extraordinary opening of the Vatican - Castel Gandolfo - Albano Laziale railway line, you have the opportunity for a unique and evocative journey from the historic train station of the world's smallest state to the priceless artistic, botanical, and architectural treasures at Castel Gandolfo, summer residence of the Pope, located in the verdant Alban Hills just south of Rome.Your day experience includes access to visit the Vatican museums and gardens in the morning, the train journey from the Vatican train station to Castel Gandolfo, the visit to the summer residence of the popes by tourist train, and the return journey to Rome by train.
> Available on Saturdays at 8:00 am; return departure from Albano Laziale at 5:18 pm.
> Visit is currently not accessible to wheelchair users or persons with walking problems.
> Comfortable shoes recommended.
> Audio guide service is available in English, Italian, and Spanish.
IMPORTANT VATICAN REGULATIONS - PLEASE NOTE:
- After the payment is confirmed, you will receive an e-mail confirming the booking, the voucher containing the reservation code and tour information (we recommend you save this information).
- Please print the voucher so as to present it on the day of the tour. The reservation will be checked by means of the bar code present on the voucher.
- To access museums you will have to show the voucher you received by email together with a valid identification document. In case of loss of the voucher the reception office can trace the reservation.
- In the event that the visitor does not have the voucher with him on the day of the visit, he will not be allowed entry and no refund will be acknowledged.
- Late arrivals will not be admitted. It is advised to be at the meeting point 15 minutes before the time indicated on the confirmation voucher.
- Wardrobe service is not available so suitcases, bags, parcels and containers in general cannot be brought in. Only small backpacks are allowed, which, when worn on the shoulder, should protrude no more than 15 centimeters / 6 inches from the body.
- You can only access with small umbrellas; umbrellas with tip or medium size or large will not be allowed.
- It is not allowed to enter with sticks (if not used by disabled people to facilitate walking), tripods for cameras and film cameras, placards and insignia of any kind
- It is possible to introduce only plastic bottles.
- Photography only without the use of the flash.
- It is not possible to introduce animals.
- It is not possible to eat food during the visit.
- Smoking is not permitted on the train and in the visited areas.
Please read all information under DETAILS carefully before placing your order.
Full Day Visit Vatican and Pontifical Villas Castel Gandolfo by Train
8:00 am: “Skip-the-Line”-access and visit to the Vatican Museums and the Sistine Chapel with dedicated audio guide
10:00 am: Walking tour of the Vatican gardens with dedicated audio guide
11:00 am: Departure by train from the Vatican City railway station towards Albano Laziale and transfer to the Pontifical Villas by shuttle
12:30 pm: Visit to the Pontifical Villas - Villa Barberini, with audio guide, by tourist train
1:30 pm: End of the tour and exit from the Pontifical Villas
4:45 pm: Transfer from the Pontifical Villas to Albano Laziale train station by shuttle
5:18 pm: Departure from Albano Laziale train station
6:20 pm: Arrival Roma San Pietro station near the Vatican
- Your ticket includes:
- “Skip-the-Line”-access and visit to the Vatican Museums with audio guide
- Walk through the Vatican Gardens with audio guide
- Train trip from the Vatican Train Station to Albano Laziale Train Station (Castel Gandolfo)
- Transfer to the Pontifical Villas
- Visit to the Pontifical Villas - Villa Barberini, with audio guide, by tourist train
- Return train trip from Albano Laziale Train Station to Rome San Pietro Train Station near the Vatican
Before You Book
PLEASE NOTE: Immediately after submitting an order, you will receive two emails. The first email contains your order summary (this one you receive immediately after placing your order), the second email confirms your successful payment (one business day after placing the order). In order to receive these two emails, please make sure that you enter your email address correctly and check that antispam or antivirus filters do not block emails from our [email protected] address. Users of AOL, Comcast and Sbcglobal.net need to pay special attention to this, please. Vouchers will also be available, one business day after the request, at your dashboard.
IMPORTANT NOTE: The time you select on the order form is your preferred time. The closest available time, which can be anytime during opening hours on the selected date, will be automatically confirmed if your preferred time is no longer available.
Vatican Museus Reservation
The admission ticket to the Vatican Museums is valid for visiting the Vatican Museums and the Sistine Chapel only on the date indicated on the voucher.
The Vatican Museums require the name and birth date of all participants of the group, please enter their names in specific field in the order form, once you have added the reservation to your shopping cart.
Museum confirms the visit around two months before the date, so reservation guarantees the insertion into the waiting list. Credit card charge is made the business day after the reservation request.
Once the visit is confirmed, you can not cancel or modify.
Rules of Vatican Musems
The reservation allows you to enter the museum at confirmed date and time without queuing up, only at time confirmed on the voucher; delays on reservations are not allowed. It is advised to be at the meeting point 15 minutes before time indicated in the confirmation voucher. Your preferential entrance can, in any case, have a waiting time respect time indicated on the voucher due to the huge number or visitors entering the museums every day. Weekend a Firenze is not responsible for eventual delays related to inefficiencies of the Vatican Museums cashiers.
Rooms closed at the moment of the visit will be indicated at entrance.
Access to the Museums is permitted only to visitors with proper attire.
All the reservations, dates and times might be changed or cancelled due to unforeseen circumstances related to activities of the Pope.
Reservations can be made until 4 days before the visit.