Savor, taste, indulge…thrill and satisfy your taste buds, all your senses really, while enjoying a memorable wine-pairing dinner in the charming, refined, premises of the Trimani Wine Bar, next door to its historical namesake Enoteca. The chef’s premium delectable dishes, prepared with the freshest seasonal local ingredients, will be paired with some of the Enoteca’s best bottles for an unparalleled journey into genuine, exquisite Italian taste!
Availability: each Saturday, from September 1st 2012 to February 26th 2013
Meeting point: Trimani Wine Bar, Via Cernaia n.37/b, Rome
Languages: Italian, English, French
Partecipants: minimum 2 people
- 5 course dinner for 2 persons - two menu options available (please see the DETAILS section):
- Italian Tradition
- Italian Vines
- 5 different wines tasted during dinner (1 wine paired with each course)
- 3 types of local bread : Lariano traditional, rye, sesame seed, as well as Roman “pizza bianca”(soft flat bread strips seasoned with olive oil and salt)
- Still and sparkling mineral water, and Illy coffee at the end of dinner
- Trimani specialized sommelier/staff to illustrate and describe dishes and wines throughout
- Printed menu
- Trimani’s staff and chef are at your disposal to vary any dish in case of allergy, intolerance, or any requirement. Trimani will be pleased to provide vegetarian, vegan, gluten-free or any other required alternative. Please advise dietary requirements upon confirming your booking.
The duration of the dinner is about 2 hours. The description of menus and dishes can be made â??â??in Italian or English languages, to be specified at the moment of the order together with the menu choice.
Menus and wines offered are subject to change without notice depending on season and stocks.
There will be no penalty for cancellations of excursion bookings communicated in writing to the organization at least at 8 pm of the business day prior to the booked date.
For cancellations between 8:00pm and 12pm of the business day prior to the booked date, 40% of the fare will have to be paid; for cancellations on the booked date, the payment of the entire amount will be due and no reimbursement will be granted.
No reimbursement will be granted to any client who is not at the place of meeting at the time established; similarly, no reimbursement will be granted to clients who do not complete the dinner.
PLEASE NOTE: Immediately after submitting an order, you will receive an email with your order summary plus a second email confirming your successful payment. A confirmation email with links to the vouchers will be sent one business day after you place your order (Monday afternoon for orders submitted on Friday and during the weekend). Please make sure that your anti-spam filter does not block automatic emails from [email protected]
Roman Gourmet Experience: wine-pairing dinner at the Trimani Wine Bar
With records showing that Francesco Trimani was already selling the nectar of the gods in 1821, the Enoteca Trimani is Rome’s most ancient wine shop. The Trimani wine shop has been continuously family-owned and is known to be the city’s best supplied wine dealer, boasting a selection of over 6.000 Italian and international labels, as well as a vast array of the best grappas and liqueurs.
Just around the corner from the fascinating, bottle-crammed shop, rises the refined Trimani Il Wine Bar where guests savor delicious wines accompanied by excellent culinary delicacies based on traditional Roman and Italian recipes. The food offerings are constantly brought to the highest standards of contemporary taste and style, and prepared only with the area’s best seasonal products. Trimani’s knowledgeable staff will lead you in a mouth-watering journey through Italian wines and cuisine for an authentic gourmet experience in the heart of Rome!
Choose from two available menu options:
- “Tradizione Italiana – Italian Tradition” features typical dishes accompanied by excellent wines
- “Vitigni d’Italia – Italian Wine Varieties” features more refined culinary delights paired with exceptional labels.
Both menus comprise 5 courses, each paired with a different wine.
TRADIZIONE ITALIANA (Italian Tradition Menu)
- Welcome glass: Trimani Valdobbiadene DOCG Prosecco Extra Brut (white sparkling) paired with eggplant, pine-nut and mozzarella patties served with sweet and sour tomato sauce
- Boncompagni Ludovisi Fiorano Lazio IGT 2010 (white) served with codfish and ricotta filled ravioli, seasoned with olive-oil, red pepper, and garlic
- Lini 910 scuro Lambrusco Emilia IGT (red sparkling) served with veal in creamy tuna sauce, butter-seasoned green beans
- Colutta Refosco dal Peduncolo Colli Orientali del Friuli DOC 2009 (red) served with selection of Italian cheeses: 3 different cheeses will be served (according to availability and season, Trimani will endeavor to always offer a cheese selection featuring 3 different milks, 3 different production techniques, and 3 different places of origin)
- La Spinetta Moscato d\'Asti DOCG 2011 (white) served with Tiramisù
VITIGNI D’ITALIA (Italian Wine Varieties Menu)
- Welcome glass: Gatti Satèn Franciacorta DOCG 2008 (sparkling white) served with Bufala milk mozzarella, rosemary-seasoned lard, and arugula crostino (toasted bread canapé)
- Tiberio Pecorino IGT 2010 (white) served with traditional Roman rigatoni (short pasta) carbonara style (eggs, bacon, parmesan cheese, black pepper)
- Tenuta Argentiera Villa Donoratico Bolgheri DOC 2009 (red) served with duck breast seasoned with balsamic vinegar and home-made potato fries
- Boncompagni Ludovisi Fiorano Lazio IGT 2006 (red) served with a selection of Italian cheeses: 3 different cheeses will be served (according to availability and season, Trimani will endeavor to always be able to offer a cheese selection featuring 3 different milks, 3 different production techniques, and 3 different places of origin)
- Fenech Malvasia delle Lipari Passito DOC 2009 (white) served with fig cake with red wine sauce
Menus and wines offered are subject to change without notice depending on season and availability.