Don’t miss this extraordinary opportunity to visit Italy's most popular attraction after sunset - the Vatican Museums are even more beautiful under the stars! Spend a memorable evening and see some of the greatest artistic and religious treasures assembled here - including Michelangelo's unparalleled Sistine Chapel.
2018: Every Friday from 7:00 pm to 11:00 pm (last admission at 9:30 pm), from April 20 to October 26
- Online booking is mandatory.
- Exit from the galleries begins 30 minutes prior to closing time.
- Maximum 10 people per group, tickets are NOT refundable.
IMPORTANT: The Vatican Museums require names and birth dates of all participants in your group. Please enter the names in the provided field on the order form.
PLEASE READ THE FOLLOWING INFORMATION CAREFULLY:
- Reservation guarantees a place on the waiting list as the museum confirms the visit approximately two months before the requested date.
- Credit card charge is made on the business day after the reservation request.
- Reservations can be made up until 4 days before the visit.
- The reservation allows you to enter the Vatican Museums without standing in line at the time and date confirmed on the voucher.
- Late arrivals will not be admitted. We strongly suggest to you to be at the meeting point 15 minutes before the time indicated on the confirmation voucher.
- Your admission time may be delayed due to the large number or visitors entering the museums every day. Weekend a Firenze srl is not responsible for possible delays caused by the Vatican Museums.
- After the payment is confirmed, you will receive an e-mail with the confirmation of the booking, the voucher containing the reservation code, and the tour information. Please print out the voucher for presentation on the day of the tour.
- The reservation will be checked by means of the bar code on the voucher. To access the museums, you will be required to present the voucher together with a valid identification document.
- If you need to modify your voucher, you must present yourself at the Vatican Museum’s "Reception Desk" in order to request a new voucher. Reservation changes can be made, once only, up to one hour before the intended visit. It is not possible to make modifications to the number of participants taking part in the visit.
- In case of loss of the voucher please consult the Customer Care Staff.
- Rooms closed at the time of the visit will be indicated at the entrance.
- Access to the Vatican Museums is permitted only to visitors with proper attire - no bare legs or bare shoulders, please.
- All the reservations, dates, and times may be changed or cancelled by the Vatican Museums due to unforeseen circumstances related to activities of the Pope.
The Vatican Museums are closed on the following days:
- Sundays (except for the last Sunday of each month, excluding Easter, June 29 and December 25 and 26)
- January 1 and 6 (Epiphany)
- February 11 (Lateran Pacts Anniversary)
- March 19 (St. Joseph), 23 and 24 (Easter, Easter Monday)
- May 1 (Ascension Thursday) and May 22 (Corpus Christi Day)
- August 14 (Assumption Vigil) and 15 (Assumption Day)
- November 1 (All Saint's Day)
- December 8 (Feast of the Immaculate Conception), 25 (Christmas Day) and 26 (St. Stephen's Day)
Before making your reservation, please, read the Booking Information above and in the "Details" section carefully.
Following the great success of previous occasions, the long awaited appointment returns with the Vatican Museums evening openings. The Museums of the Pope open their doors after sunset, every Friday during spring and summer months.
Vatican Museums under the Stars
This is an extraordinary opportunity to visit Italy's most popular attraction after sunset: the Vatican Museums. See some of the greatest artistic and religious treasures assembled here - including Michelangelo's unparalleled Sistine Chapel.
Admire important collections, following an itinerary that includes the Gregorian Egyptian Museum, the Pio-Clementine Museum, the Upper Galleries (Candelabra, Tapestries and Maps), the Raphael Rooms, the Borgia Apartment, the Collection of Modern Religious Art, and the Sistine Chapel.
Before You Book
PLEASE NOTE: Immediately after submitting an order, you will receive two emails. The first email contains your order summary (this one you receive immediately after placing your order), the second email confirms your successful payment (one business day after placing the order). In order to receive these two emails, please make sure that you enter your email address correctly and check that antispam or antivirus filters do not block emails from our [email protected] address. Users of AOL, Comcast and Sbcglobal.net need to pay special attention to this, please. Vouchers will also be available, one business day after the request, at your dashboard.
IMPORTANT NOTE: The time you select on the order form is your preferred time. The museum or attraction will automatically confirm the closest available time, which can be anytime during opening hours on the selected date, if your preferred time is no longer available.
Ticket with "Skip-the-Line" reservation
Once the visit is confirmed, you can not cancel or modify.