Explore one of the most famous monuments in the world from all angles: Enjoy extraordinary views of both the interior space of the Colosseum down to the undergrounds and of the whole of Rome from the now accessible third level of the stands. Do not miss this opportunity to more completely understand the colorful past of the Colosseum – book your guided visit with us!
Access to the third of the Colosseum is permitted only for groups of 25 people maximum, accompanied by a guide.
Please Note: each client is allowed to book maximum 6 people per each entrance slot.
Times and languages:
From March to October:
- Italian: 10:00am, 12:40pm and 3pm
- English: 9:20am, 9:40am, 10:40am, 11:20am, 11:40am, 12:20pm and 1:20pm; from the last Sunday of March, also at 4:20pm
- Spanish: 11:00am and 1:00pm; from the last Sunday of March, also at 4pm
From November to February:
- Italian: 10:20am and 12:40pm
- English: 9:40am, 12noon, 12.20pm, 1:00pm, 2:20pm and 2:40pm
- Spanish: 1:20pm
Tour duration: 2 hours.
Reservations are required.
IMPORTANT NOTE: reservations are confirmed strictly in order of arrival on the third Monday of each month for the following month, while places are available. The reservation guarantees the insertion on the waiting list; confirmation is subject to availability. Your credit card is charged the day you place the reservation; in case of no confirmation, the amount paid will be refunded.
The calendar of confirmations is as follows:
- December 19, 2016: reservations for January 2017
- January 16, 2017: reservations for February 2017
- February 20, 2017: reservations for March 2017
- March 20, 2017: reservations for April 2017
- April 17, 2017: reservations for may 2017
- May 15, 2017: reservations for June 2017
- June 19, 2017: reservations for July 2017
- July 17, 2017: reservations for August 2017
- August 21, 2017: reservations for September 2017
- September 18, 2017: reservations for October 2017
- October 16, 2017: reservations for November 2017
- November 20, 2017: reservations for December 2017
Access to the third level of the Colosseum is physically strenuous; access to the undergrounds is temporarily not available for wheelchair users due to technical problems.
You may continue your visit of the Colosseum after the guided visit is completed.
Your ticket is also valid for two days to the Palatine Museum and Roman Forum and for one entrance to each site.
You must pick up your tickets at the Colosseum Reservations Desk no less than 15 minutes before confirmed time.
IMPORTANT NOTE: The time you select on the order form is your preferred time. The museum will automatically confirm the closest available time, which can be any time during opening hours on the selected date, if your preferred time is no longer available.
Please read this IMPORTANT NOTE for Colosseum combo tickets: The time and date on the order form indicate the start of validity of your ticket. You must pick up your actual ticket on the date and at the exact time indicated. If you present yourself later than 15 minutes after the indicated time, you lose your admission right. You will receive your actual ticket in exchange for the voucher you will receive from us once your reservation is confirmed.
- Due to mandatory security controls by metal detector, waiting time in line at the exterior of the Colosseum to access the monument is about an hour and a half. The "skip-the-line" aspect of your booking applies to the line at the ticket desk, not the security controls.
- Inside the Colosseum, containers with water and soft drinks are allowed; glass containers, alcohol or spray cans are not permitted.
- Since July 14 2014, the visit area in the third tier of the Colosseum has been reduced due to the presence of bricks falling from the counterfacade. It is, however, maintained the possibility to enjoy the views of the square and the interiors of the monument.
- Access to the third lever is difficult; access to the undergrounds is temporarily not available for wheelchair users due to technical problems.
Confirmed tickets CANNOT be cancelled and are NOT refundable.
Save time ordering: Add all the service tickets you want into your basket, then fill in the form and send your request.
PLEASE NOTE: Immediately after submitting an order, you will receive an email with your order summary plus a second email confirming your successful payment. A confirmation email with links to the vouchers will be sent one business day after you place your order (Monday afternoon for orders submitted on Friday and during the weekend). Please make sure that your anti-spam filter does not block automatic emails from [email protected].
Experience the “new” Colosseum:
The Ministero per i Beni e le Attività Culturali and the Soprintendenza Speciale per i Beni Archeologici di Roma invite you to enjoy the results of a recent restoration effort of the Colosseum. This important restoration has made it possible for you to experience this monument almost in its entirety.
See extraordinary views of both the interior space of the Colosseum and the whole of Rome from the now accessible third level of the stands.
Access the top ring of the monument, and experience the unique relationship the Colosseum has with the area of the Forum, the other monuments of Imperial Rome, as well as with the whole urban landscape of Rome.
At the same time, you gain a sense of the original size of the Colosseum and can fully enjoy its grandeur.
The other space you now have access to is the underground level that tell the hidden stories of the Colosseum. Enter the Colosseum underground through the section that includes the monumental Libtinaria Door, which was also restored during this renovation.
It is here that important activities took place, making the gladiators' games possible. Here, slaves executed their tasks quickly and efficiently, hidden from the eye of the spectator. Wild animals were captured and brought in from the most remote corners of the Empire and gladiators prepared for fighting.
Do not miss this opportunity to more completely understand the colorful past of this monument!
PLEASE NOTE: The Entrance Fee is formed as follows:
- Cost of the Full Price Ticket € 12.00
- Guided visit: € 9.00
- Dealer Presale Fee € 1.60
- Online Booking Fee € 2.40