Gorgonzola, Milan, is famous for its strong and delicious blue cheese. With this tour and cooking class, you’ll discover the history of the place, its people, and its cheese. A professional chef guides you in the preparation of a festive lunch menu, which you’ll enjoy at the end of your morning in Gorgonzola.
Perfect for: intrepid foodies and fans of food and cooking, those who are curious about local tales, myths, and the history of a famous Italian cheese
Your guide: Ginevra, handmaiden of Marquise Serbelloni - played by Cristina, Cultural Guide for Gorgonzola town and Destination Promoter
Meeting place: In front of St.Protasius and Gervasius Church, Piazza della Chiesa,
Gorgonzola - MILAN (LOMBARDY).
How to reach Gorgonzola: Gorgonzola is connected to the greater Milan subway network.
How we move: on foot (stairs included)
Times: 9:30 am - 2:00 pm
Duration: 4h 30m
Languages: English and Italian
- Guided tour
- Food tasting
- Cooking class under the guidance of a professional chef
- All meal ingredients
- Equipment and facilities at lunchtime
- Certificate of participation
- Price does NOT include: anything not specifically mentioned above
> the tour includes stairs
> not suitable for the lactose intolerant
> reservations must be made at least 3 days in advance
- Up to 30 days before the booked visit, 60% refund
- From 29 to 20 days before, 50% refund
- From 19 to 14 days before, 40% refund
- From 13 to 5 days before, 15% refund
- For cancellations less than 5 days before the booked visit and for no-shows, no refund will be granted.
The Gorgonzola & the Marquise: excursion into history, cooking class, lunch | Weekend in Italy
Let your guide Cristina (disguised as Ginevra, handmaiden of the Serbelloni family) transport you into the year 1820. Marquise Busca Arconati Visconti, born Serbelloni, is hosting some nobles from Milan, France, and Austria at her country house in the Gorgonzola. The Marquise wants to offer a rich banquet, showing the nobility that the typical cheese of Gorgonzola is great food for aristocratic tastes and not only for poor people!
The chef of the Marquise needs help to prepare the magnificent banquet and Ginevra, handmaiden of the Serbelloni family, is selecting special cooking staff.
Will you help Ginevra and the chef prepare the meal for this memorable event?
You’ll visit Gorgonzola as it was about 200 years ago, learning about Serbelloni family tales and gossip. Discover the secret origins of the Gorgonzola cheese and how it luckily reached its yummy, smelly fame. Finally, your expert chef teaches you to cook special food with gorgonzola cheese - a complete menu, from starters to dessert.
- Introduction and sightseeing of historical places of the Serbelloni family in Gorgonzola
- Tasting of sweet pastry made with gorgonzola flavours
- Cooking class with the Chef of a renowned cooking school in Gorgonzola
- Lunch and celebration of competitors
- A certificate of attendance will be given to each participant
- Photos and videos may be shared on the social platforms available through the Artès organization