Welcome to Canavese, borderland at the feet of the Alps of the Piedmont region, a natural gateway between the Italian peninsula and Europe, millenarian crossroads for armies, merchants, pilgrims tracing the routes of the Via Salaria and Via Francigena through the valleys of Mont Blanc and Graie Alps reaching Turin, the capital of the Savoy Reign and the first Italian Capital.
Land of fairs and fascinating Celtic populations, then of Roman centurions up to the Middle Ages, when it hosted knights and ladies, heroic characters, passionate rebellions and events shrouded in legend. Land of lakes, hills, forests, castles, protected by the loving arms of the Serra Morenica, amphitheater of the city of Ivrea in which the vineyards enjoy the sweetness of its microclimate, to give the excellence of its wines - such as the Carema Nebbiolo and the Caluso Erbaluce.
The cuisine of Canavese has definite flavors: cured meats and Alpine pasture cheeses, Capònet - rolls of Savoy cabbage with meat, stuffed onions with amaretto -, Bagna Caòda - the distinguished anchovy sauce served as a dip for crudités-, Ajucche - wild herbs soup served with bread - ...and this is just a sample of what awaits you!
Escorted Tour, 5 days and 4 nights, full board in double room at a 4 star hotel, for groups from 4 to 7 people.
Start available every day.
Package price includes:
Bus transportation, full board in double room at a 4 star hotel, aperitifs/wine tastings as described in the program, entrance tickets and guided visits to museums and attractions included, bus transfers from/to Malpensa airport, guide/escort.
Languages: English, Italian, Polish and Greek.
Comfortable shoes are advised and appropriate clothing is needed to enter churches (no bare arms, mini skirts, or shorts).
The program may be modified.
Once the tour is confirmed, it can be canceled up to 1 week prior to receive a refund of tour cost minus the service fee. Further cancellations and no shows are non refundable.
Save time ordering: Add all tickets for museums and other services you want into your basket, then fill in the form and send your request.
PLEASE NOTE: Immediately after submitting an order, you will receive an email with your order summary plus a second email confirming your successful payment. A confirmation email with links to the vouchers will be sent one business day after you place your order (Monday afternoon for orders submitted on Friday and during the weekend). Please make sure that your anti-spam filter does not block automatic emails from [email protected]
5 days/4 nights Canavese Piedmont Culinary Tour: Gateway of the Alps
Day 1: Ivrea
- Midday arrival at Milan Malpensa Airport
- Transfer (90 minutes) to your 4 star hotel in Ivrea, north of Turin
- Tour (2 hours) of the medieval center of the city of Ivrea, once capital of the post-Roman Italy (around 1000 AD)
- “Aperitivo” cocktail and tasting of gastronomic products in a local wine bar
- Dinner with Canavese and Piedmontese specialties in a renowned restaurant in the center of Ivrea
Day 2: Turin
- Classic walking tour of the Baroque and Medieval center of Turin, “Capital of the Alps” (2 hours), plus a visit to the Turin Royal Palace
- Lunch in a traditional trattoria in the charming and lively historic center
- Visit to the Savoy Royal Palace of Venaria, comparable in size to the palace of Versailles
- Farmhouse dinner near the lake of Viverone, a beautiful and romantic getaway at the foot of the Serra Morenica with breathtaking views of the Alps In the distance
Day 3: Aosta Valley
Visit to the former military fort of Bard, built between 1830 and 1838 in the immensely strategic position that had seen military fortifications controlling the historic route between France and Italy for millennia
Traditional “Merenda Sinoira," a generous array of traditional products in a tavern located in the alpine woods
- Visit to a cheese maker of the alpine Aosta Valley
- Appetizer of cured meats and cheeses accompanied by local wines
- Dinner in a traditional Piedmontese farmhouse
Day 4: The Savoy Castle of Agliè and Erbaluce wineries
- Visit to the Savoy Castle of Agliè and tour with “aperitivo” cocktail in the winery of Caluso Erbaluce wine producers, where you will get to know the famous Erbaluce white wine grape which has a long-standing history in the territory, producing fine sparkling as well as sweet wines
- Dinner at an exclusive restaurant showcasing the best of Piedmontese cuisine near the town of Castellamonte
Transfer from your hotel to the Milan Malpensa Airport
Once a confirmation code has been assigned to your reservation, we can refund the cost minus a service fee (reservation fee and online booking fee) for cancellations up to 1 week before the event. Cancellations less than one week before your booked event and no-shows are not refundable.