The Peggy Guggenheim Collection is among the most important museums in Italy for European and American art of the first half of the 20th century. It is located in Peggy Guggenheim's former home, the stunning Palazzo Venier dei Leoni, on the Grand Canal in Venice. The museum was inaugurated in 1980 and presents Peggy Guggenheim's personal collection of 20th century art, masterpieces from the Gianni Mattioli Collection, the Nasher Sculpture Garden, as well as temporary exhibitions.
Wednesday to Monday from 10:00am to 6:00pm, last admission at 5:00pm.
Open on national holidays, including May 1.
The museum is closed on the following days:
Tuesdays, and January 9, February 20, December 25.
The time displayed on the calendar refers to the earliest time possible for pick-up of the tickets at Membership Cash desk of the museum.
Ticket allows entrance to the permanent collection, to the temporary exhibitions held on the date of your visit, and to the Nasher sculpture garden.
Address: Palazzo Venier dei Leoni, Dorsoduro 701, Venice 30123
Reservations must be made with a minimum of 1-day notice.
Save time ordering! Add all the museum tickets you want into your basket, then fill in the form and send your request.
PLEASE NOTE: Immediately after submitting an order, you will receive an email with your order summary plus a second email confirming your successful payment. A confirmation email with links to the vouchers will be sent one business day after you place your order (Monday afternoon for orders submitted on Friday and during the weekend). Please make sure that your anti-spam filter does not block automatic emails from [email protected]
IMPORTANT NOTE: The time you select on the order form is your preferred time. The museum or attraction will automatically confirm the closest available time, which can be any time during opening hours on the selected date, if your preferred time is no longer available.
Once a confirmation code has been assigned to the reservation we can refund the cost of unused tickets minus a service fee (reservation fee and online booking fee) up to 2 days before the visit.
No refund is possible for a cancellation less than 48 hours before the visit, and for no shows.
It is also possible to book the audio guide for the visit at the time of the order. A personalized tour of the Peggy Guggenheim Collection and the Gianni Mattioli Collection is available in Italian, English, German, French, and Spanish.
The core mission of the museum is to present the personal collection of Peggy Guggenheim herself. The collection holds major works of Cubism, Futurism, Metaphysical painting, European abstraction, avant-garde sculpture, Surrealism, and American Abstract Expressionism, by some of the greatest artists of the 20th century.
The permanent collection includes:
Picasso: The Poet, On the Beach
Braque: The Clarinet
Duchamp: Sad Young Man on a Train
Léger: Study of a Nude
Brancusi: Maiastra, Bird in Space
Severini: Sea Dancer
Picabia: Very Rare Picture on Earth
de Chirico: The Red Tower, The Nostalgia of the Poet
Mondrian: Composition No. 1 with Grey and Red 1938 / Composition with Red 1939
Kandinsky: Landscape with Red Spots, No. 2, White Cross
Miró: Seated Woman II
Giacometti: Woman with Her Throat Cut, Woman Walking
Klee: Magic Garden
Ernst: The Kiss, Attirement of the Bride
Magritte: Empire of Light
Dalí: Birth of Liquid Desires
Pollock: The Moon Woman, Alchemy
Calder: Arc of Petals
Marini: Angel of the City
The museum also exhibits works of art given to the Solomon R. Guggenheim Foundation for its Venetian museum since Peggy Guggenheim's death, as well as long-term loans from private collections.
Patsy R. and Raymond D. Nasher Sculpture Garden
The Patsy R. and Raymond D. Nasher Sculpture Garden and other outdoors spaces at the Peggy Guggenheim Collection present works from the permanent collections (by Arp, Duchamp-Villon, Ernst, Flanagan, Giacometti, Gilardi, Goldsworthy, Holzer, Marini, Minguzzi, Mirko, Merz, Moore, Ono, Paladino, Richier, Takis), as well as sculptures on temporary loan from foundations and private collections (by Calder, Graham, Hamak, Marini, Plessi, Smith).
Gianni Mattioli Collection
The museum exhibits twenty-six masterpieces on long-term loan from the renowned Gianni Mattioli Collection, including famous images of Italian Futurism, such as Materia and Dynamism of a Cyclist by Boccioni, Interventionist Demonstration by Carrà, The Solidity of Fog by Russolo, works by Balla, Severini (Blue Dancer), Sironi, Soffici, Rosai, Depero.
The collection also includes important early paintings by Morandi and a rare portrait by Modigliani.
Full Price Tickets
Reduced Price Tickets - 1:
- FAI members
- Holders of the IKEA FAMILY CARD (only Italy)
- Holders of CARTA COOP
- SAVE Group
- Ticket holders of Trenitalia Frecciarossa, Frecciargento and Frecciabianca trains destined for Venice dated 3 days prior to visiting the museum
- Holders of an Alitalia ticket to or from Venice dated 7 days prior to visiting the museum
Reduced Price Tickets - 2:
- Young visitors from 10 to 18 years inclusive
- Students under 26 years (with current student ID)
- School groups
- Members of UNESCO, IAA, AIAP, ICOM and ICOMOS (with current ID)
- Members of ANISA, Associazione Nazionale Insegnanti di Storia dell'Arte e all teachers and professors of Art and Art History (with a current ID)
- Members of AMICI DEI MUSEI DI VENEZIA
- Disabled visitors escort included
- Journalists (upon presentation of a valid press card for the current year)
- Military and city police officers (in uniform or with an identification document)
For online reservations of reduced tickets a valid ID proving eligibility must be shown at the museum ticket office.
Free Admission (CANNOT BE RESERVED)
- Children under 10 years
- Severely disabled visitors escort included
- members: ADVISORY BOARD, THE INTERNATIONAL PATRONS, GUGGENHEIM CIRCLE, AMICI DELLA COLLEZIONE
- All Guggenheim Museums members (with a current membership card)
- Guggenheim Foundation GLOBAL PARTNERS employees
- INTRAPRESAE COLLEZIONE GUGGENHEIM staff (and their families) with a corporate badge or business card
- Holders of a current ART PASS card
- Members of AAMD (with current membership card)
- Journalists (upon accreditation via mail)
- Students of the ACCADEMIA DELLE BELLE ARTI DI VENEZIA (with current student ID)
- Students of the Liceo Artistico di Venezia.
- Members of the ASSOCIAZIONE GUIDE TURISTICHE DI VENEZIA
- Members of the Association of hotel porters of Venice CHIAVI D'ORO
- Members of the following museums:
- Accademia di Carrara, Bergamo
- Casa Morandi, Bologna
- Fondazione Merz, Turin
- Fondazione Sandretto Re Rebaudengo, Turin
- GAMeC, Galleria d’Arte Moderna e Contemporanea di Bergamo
- Macro, Rome
- MAXXI, Rome
- Mart, Museo di Arte Moderna e Contemporanea di Trento e Rovereto
- Museo d'arte moderna Castello di Rivoli
- Museo d'Arte Moderna Mario Rimoldi, Cortina d'Ampezzo
- Museo per la Memoria di Ustica